ad: w5yi

Can ads be deleted or disappear?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KG5RUE, May 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KG5RUE

KG5RUE Ham Member QRZ Page

Can ads be deleted or disappear? I can not find the ad for a radio I just purchased and now I’m getting worried.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't think that happens.

What was the exact item you purchased, and what was the call of the seller? EASILY searched

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KG5RUE

It was a Yaesu 857 from N4BXB.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You nor him has a listed email address.

I did not see him selling a Yaesu 857.

Was his listing on QRZ ?

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Currently there is nothing on QRZ that matches the info you have provided. You could contact QRZ Customer Support and ask them if they know anything. https://ssl.qrz.com/sc

But was it actually a QRZ ad that you had responded to? Or were you contacted directly by someone that offered you a deal you could not refuse? Those kinds of situations often go sideways.

6. KG5RUE

Yes it was definitely on QRZ. It is the only place I look for used gear. His email address was listed on the ad as hbsn4bxb@yahoo.com

7. KG5RUE

The guy just told me “sold and took off” when asked where did the ad go.
    I’m not saying this was a rip off. It may be all legit but I withdrew my paypal payment.

8. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Turns out this was a scam ad using a compromised account. Hopefully, you used PayPal or a check you can cancel. The ad has been removed and the N4BXB account has been suspended.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

KA9MOT likes this.
  9. KG5RUE

Yes I got my refund thru PayPal. Thanks.

KA9JLM likes this.