ad: elecraft

Can a Non-Ham account become a Ham account?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KE0RSR, May 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE0RSR

KE0RSR Ham Member QRZ Page

I created a qrz.com account with a username so I could study for my exam. My callsign just got listed in the FCC database today. While it hasn't seem to have made it to the qrz database, I'm sure it'll be there shortly.

When my callsign does come through, can I associate that with my present account, or do I need to make a new one? I seem to remember specifically being told that I shouldn't do that, but I have no idea how that is supposed to work. By chance I noticed that I can get some personal details entered by going to the settings on forums.qrz.com, but I don't see anywhere to enter a callsign.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

You can do nothing. The Community can do nothing (you posted this to the Community Help Center). You need the help of a QRZ Staff Member, and those specific staffers monitor the Forum at this link - post there and tell them who you are (callsign) - https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/qrz-com-callsign-database-helpers.22/

It usually takes 2 or 3 days for an FCC issued callsign to automatically make its way into the QRZ database after it showed up in the ULS. After that has happened (and you can do a QRZ search for it), a Database Helper can and will merge everything seamlessly together.

Congrats on getting your ticket.

3. PD5SJO

PD5SJO QRZ Staff, Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

PM send to JONBOBBLY