ad: Morse-1

Can 857d be made to operate on Yaesu System Fusion digital?

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by W3IG, Oct 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3IG

W3IG Ham Member QRZ Page

Forgive me (rookie) if this is a stupid question.

I have an ft-857d. It has some digital modes in the menus including a couple user configurable ones. Is there a way to program this thing to do YSF?

Thanks!

2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No. Check out http://systemfusion.yaesu.com under the Products menu for a list of compatible YSF radios.

3. W3IG

W3IG Ham Member QRZ Page

I happened to catch someone on the air last night who suggested I look into Multi Mode Digital Voice Modulators (MMDVMs). Without being familiar with the 857d he suggested a MMDVM piggybacked onto the 857d may do the trick. I haven't researched it yet. Anyone have any insight?

4. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Check out MMDVM.blogspot.com
    This would be a place for information.

5. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

i have watched a non digital hf/v/u rig to listen and being able to talk on d-star...i supose that it should be somehow easy to make it talk to YSF. The callsign of the fellow ham was SV2XI...look him up on qrz.com...

6. KE0CAA

KE0CAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An HRI-200 connected to a compatible analog radio should allow another analog radio to transmit through it into wires-x which will come out on other digital and/or analog radios also connected to the same wires-x room. Its not exactly what your looking for but the closest thing to it I think. See the lower right corner of this diagram.
    [​IMG]