callsign lookup count question

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KM4WJD, Sep 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KM4WJD

KM4WJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Good evening. I was having a qso with someone earlier tonight.He looked me up and found it odd that
    my callsign shows I have over 800 lookups.We both thought that was particularly strange.He thinks its a glitch
    in the system.I can't imagine being so interesting that ive been looked up over 800 times.Is this normal ? I have only had my license for a bit over a week.

KM4WJD

2. NK7Z

NK7Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    It is entirely possible that your call has been looked at that many times... I am pretty sure every time someone fill out their log, and gets your info it ups the count, anytime anyone looks you up, it goes up. There is so much software out there that uses QRZ for auto fill, if you are active at all, you will see lots of lookups...

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The KM4WJD lookup reported 874 (877) , i.e. the software (XML access) lookup will 877-874=3 . All other 874 lookup the visitors really visit your QRZ page

I am moved thread to right forum

JA6XZS likes this.
  4. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello William,
    You need to login to your account for the first time to become manager of your call sign.
    The count has been reset. Login then out, then in again this will change your status from QRZ Member to Ham Member. Your call sign color will also change from Black to Blue. Blue = Ham Member

https://www.qrz.com/db/KM4WJD
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To edit your info; (Login first and look up your call sign)
    1) Go to your call sign on the top blue line, and click "Edit KM4WJD" in the menu.
    2) Click the appropriate option to edit.
    3) Click "Save Changes" etc, if required. (Follow the instructions).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    JA6XZS likes this.
  5. N6QIC

Thank you Vlad,

6. N6QIC

Once you take control of your account you will then be able to change your settings.
    As a "QRZ Member" you have limited access to the site.

7. G4AON

G4AON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any idea how to reset the lookup counter? Mine shows 11,331 or so in brackets but I'm blowed if I can get it to display that number anymore.
    73 Dave

8. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you already done it by yourself with counter 10 visitors only