Calling someone who isn't calling CQ on WSJT-X

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KE3FG, Mar 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been using the wsjt-x program to have FT8 QSOs and it works great to simplify having QSOs.
    I mostly use the search & pounce method rather than calling a lot of CQs.
    Occasionally people contact me when I'm not calling CQ, but answering someone else's CQ.
    How is this possible to contact someone when they are not calling CQ and double-clicking on their callsign?
    For example, suppose I double-clicked on a French callsign, but an Italian calls me, as noticed by my and their callsign in red.
    Is there a way of calling someone using the keyboard rather than double-clicking?
    This hasn't happened very often but I am curious how it is possible.

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Enter the callsign of the station you wish to call in the appropriate box.

3. N7KDL

N7KDL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In the right hand window, double click on the Italian call and you will be responding to his call immediately. If clicked too late, you will respond to your caller on the scheduled go round.

WA9FZB likes this.
  4. KE3FG

Thanks; that's what I normally have done, but if I see a DX station in a QSO with someone else, and I want to contact him, I didn't know how to do that. Maybe type in the DX callsign in the box under DX Call and hit Enter; Is that the proper way to do it?

5. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait till they sign 73 and the call them by double clicking.

You can call them 50 hz (or more) above or below their current QSO frequency, and they will see your call without QRM to their current on going QSO.

6. KE3FG

Can you double-click on a station that is not calling CQ?

7. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

yes

8. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Also you might want to just send once or twice. They (usually) see you and if there is a pileup happening someone who is calling over and over is annoying and gets moved to the bottom of the list.

9. K7RA

K7RA Ham Member QRZ Page

On PSKreporter, I see callsigns of stations that are hearing me on ft8. How can I call them without yet copying them on WSJT-x?

10. K7RA

K7RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Figured it out. Easy. Just enter the call in the first Generate Standard Messages field and click Tx1.