Calling Frequencies for ssb 10 Meters

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN4ICU, Apr 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not at all unlike 50.125 on 6 meters.

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Always a great 10m SSB beacon for me when I was living in Oregon.

3. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have talked to Todd 20+ times and when i tell him im QRP he gets mad.

N8FGB likes this.
  4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really?

I'm unfamiliar with this individual but the first thing that came to mind reading that was a quote from Monty Python: "what a strange person." ;)

N8FGB likes this.
  5. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really a calling frequency, but back before the Internet, the 6-meter liaison frequency used to be 28.885 MHz. Anyone remember that?

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats a really big "split".

N8FGB likes this.
  7. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Look up kc4tvz

He is special.

KC1DR, N8FGB and WD4IGX like this.
  8. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed. That endlessly looping recorded CQ on 28.425 belongs in a horror movie or a nightmare.

N3AB likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

He actually makes a great 10m beacon. And he WILL answer if he hears you. His wife as well. I have both of their QSL cards in fact, with contacts made by answering his automated CQ

Todd KC4VTZ is actually very prolific with almost 500,000 QRZ lookups and he's on that frequency pretty much all day, every day, and racks up contact after contact after contact (see his QRZ page and real-time log if you don't believe me - he's on the air right now racking up SSB contacts on 10m)

Beats the heck out of the guys that just gripe and moan how "the bands are dead" and never actually get on the radio - Todd, like him or not, gets on every single day and calls CQ and makes many dozens of contacts a day. I'd be willing to bet he's been the "First HF Contact for new Technicians" more than any other single ham

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AB and KI4AX like this.
  10. KN4ICU

KN4ICU Ham Member QRZ Page

He was my first contact on 10M SSB...... Yep....

W7UUU likes this.