Calling Frequencies for ssb 10 Meters

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN4ICU, Apr 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KN4ICU

KN4ICU Ham Member QRZ Page

What are the allotted calling frequencies for SSB on 10 meters?

2. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Except for the QRP SSB calling frequency of 28.385 (in the ARRL's considerate operators band plan) there are no "allotted SSB calling frequencies" on 10 meters. If I were going to call however it would be between 28300 and 28500 since that is where the largest number of licensees can operate

K4AGO likes this.
  3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last sunspot minimum, 28.400 plus or minus was sort of a de-facto calling frequency, although it's not "alloted" by anyone.

WS4JM, KU3X, KD0QG and 3 others like this.
  4. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

28.400 is often used a lot as an unofficial call frequency. 28.495 is used a lot by VK hams, too (in my experience).

WA9SVD and KD0QG like this.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

there guy on 28.425 that does a lot of callin:rolleyes:

N3AB, N8FGB and W4IOA like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Seeeeeeeeee cue! Seeeeeeeee cue! Seeeeeeeee cue!

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AB, KE0TNL, K4AGO and 5 others like this.
  7. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ever since Novice Class / Technician Class operators got SSB privileges on the 10-meter band, the defacto SSB calling frequency has been 28.400 MHz USB. Most operators who monitor the band tune to this frequency.

Even if you think the band is dead, go ahead and call CQ on 28.400 MHz a few times. Very often, the band is actually open but no one is transmitting. Therefore, there are no signals to be received and the band opening goes unnoticed.

Glen, K9STH

KI4AX and K4AGO like this.
  8. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

I monitor 28.337 and 28.400 concurrently. The former is where a lot of NEOH hams hang out, and you're almost guaranteed a response if you throw out a CQ there. Assuming the band's up or you're traveling through the area, of course. ;)

9. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What's a "NEOH ham" ?

Never mind. Must mean NorthEastern OHio ham. I thought it was some kind of club, or maybe just a new way of saying new ham.

NH7RO likes this.
  10. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

If you answer that Seeeeeeeee cue you'd better have a 10-10 number or else!

N8FGB, W4IOA, W9AFB and 4 others like this.