calling CQ on echolink

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by W8PLB, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

What was the message you received? Have you connected to them before? This info could help discover what happened.

2. W8PLB

W8PLB Ham Member QRZ Page

i recived the message" access denied". and yes, i have connected to it before. i even talked to 2 people on it.

3. KD8DVR

This is odd. Perhaps the repeater was in net state and denied access to echolink for a while. Have you tried since?

4. W8PLB

i pm'd the guy who owns the node he said he blocked it and just unblocked it. its node number 429535. try to connect to it and see if it blocks you from your node. i have not tried recently since i knew it was blocked.

5. KD8DVR

OK.. good deal... haven't tried.

May take the link down sometime this week for radio repairs. Getting a lot of static pops and cracks. Sounds like a grounding issue in the radio. Hopefully a quick fix. If the link is down, try later, as always.... I want to get this done this week, time permitting.

6. W8PLB

ok cool. what message would i get if the link is down, and how would i get that message

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  7. KD8DVR

I fixed the link earlier today, so when you are on now, it should be fine. I'm listening now, so what I'm hearing is fine. Tested my audio levels earlier, and they should be fine.

8. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Who's neighbors yard did you roll on your last visit? :D
    Did you get bumped off or what happened?

9. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually just say k4rky listening via echolink. If the node is being monitored someone will respond.

10. W8PLB

yes, i did get bumped off, but i got it figured out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.