Call Sign Not Found....?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KW0FRE, Sep 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KW0FRE

KW0FRE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was wondering under what circumstances a call sign would show up on this site and the ARRL site but not the FCC license search? The same person shows up here and on the ARRL search. The ARRL site lists the FRN number but that doesn't show up on the FCC search either. I am purposely not listing the call sign to prevent unwanted attention for that person. I was wondering if a person can arrange for their information to not be searchable on the FCC site.

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Witness protection?

K4AGO and KA4DPO like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What's the call sign?

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems like I read/heard somewhere that you can ask the FCC to remove you from view. But if that was before it got into the QRZ database then maybe it would still display here.
    There's also lots of also-ran databases on the web and if someone really wanted to be gone they would have to arrange with each of them.

5. KW0FRE

KW0FRE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's what I was thinking. I assumed that to become a member here or at ARRL, they would check your call against the FCC record.
    That wasn't the only thing I found curious. I got the call sign from an old QSL card I saw online that caught my attention because it was from a town in Iowa near where I used to live and I was through that town a number of times. The card was an older one and I didn't see a date but he had printed "Since '59". When the number didn't come up in the databank, I just assumed he was probably SK. But it did come up here and in the ARRL site but under a different name. Thought maybe it's a vanity call but thought it should still be in the FCC data bank. The odd thing is the new person lists his address in the same town on the same street but with a different house number. The town has a population of 60 or 70 and the person is in college according to his profile. Maybe a relative or whatever who wanted the call sign as a vanity. Mainly was curious why it wouldn't show up.

6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

I seriously doubt that the ARRL cares if you have a call sign or not. Why should they?

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why shouldn't they? Oh, that's a rhetorical question. I know... "The ARRL is EVIL I tells ya! Evil!" :D

8. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They're not evil. They're just a publishing company. :)

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

The same could be said of the treasury these days..

K4AGO, AD5HR, K8BZ and 2 others like this.
  10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

ask the eraser (arnold schwartzenegger).