ad: elecraft

Call sign change

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W5NAL, Apr 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5NAL

W5NAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok I may want to change my call sign in the near future. Do I understand correctly, that in order not lose my current QSOs over the last few years, I need to back up my QSOs-but can only do that if I purchase the QRZ upgrade? I don't want to lose my QSO log because of a call sign change. Thanks.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Regardless of the reason, it is always wise to periodically create a logbook backup file for storage in that QRZ is not an archive site. A subscription at the XML or higher provides this feature along with others such as upload to LoTW.

When USA Amateurs change or get a new callsign from the FCC, a USA Amateur callsign should NEVER be added to the database by a person. The QRZ system will automatically add your new callsign within 3 days of it becoming effective on the FCC's website. This is especially important for QRZ Subscribers who risk losing their subscription if they don't wait for the system do do the update. The system will update your username to your new callsign and transfer your bio and other information automatically. Your login password will remain the same. Be patient, it will work.

At that time, the system will create a new logbook for that callsign. Your current logbook remains. To manage each logbook - open your logbook and then select the logbook from the logbook name pulldown menu.

K1LKP likes this.
  3. W5NAL

W5NAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok thanks, what happens if I receive the new call sign before the XML subscription?

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI JOHN,

GREETINGS FROM SALEM, NH
    THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT THAT

it is always wise to periodically create a
    logbook backup file for storage
    in that QRZ is not an archive site.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE
    I CAN FIND THE INSTRUCTIONS TO
    DO THIS TYPE OF A BACK UP

THANK YOU

73 - K1LKP

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS
    Scroll to Import/Export
    Click on Export
    Save the resulting ADIF file

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It works. The account is YOU, not the callsign.