California Repeater News: The REAL STORY

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0DHG, Oct 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0DHG

W0DHG Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is a link to our story on Cal Fire in Shasta County entitled: There Is No Such Thing As Free Rack Space! David Goldenberg W0DHG and Jim Aspinwall NO1PC discuss this week's BIG California ham radio story. Was the repeater kicked out of the CalFire vault, or did the state just decide that it needed to be "official"....
    There is another story out there (FAKE NEWS) which is a misrepresent rant is what gives Ham Radio Operators a bad name.

W1AEK, W6KCS, K8BJC and 6 others like this.
  2. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Okay, no volunteer amateur radio operations needed; enough said! I think this is a big mistake......

Frank

KK4HPY and KJ6NQW like this.
  3. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

very objective and very practical attitude

KA4DPO, NK2U and AG5DB like this.
  4. WA6JKN

WA6JKN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had to laugh at this interview. Racks Racks Racks. Radio vaults are not the only State Location where equipment is located. There is so much that you are leaving out which tells me that you have limited understanding of the full scope and breadth of the Cal Fire Communications Network or you are deliberately misleading the ham community. Also, you failed to cover The Mission of VIP and the critical services that are provided in manpower and equipment. You also forgot that hams are volunteers and are not employees of California. Your condescending and pontificating interview was offensive, especially for those of us that live near or in dangerous fire zones. I will not be sending you coins as requested at the end of your interview. Instead, I will continue to support Cal Fire for free!

N1RBD, W8VIJ, AG5SU and 3 others like this.
  5. N0DZQ

N0DZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I concur. As Paul Harvey used to say... “Now you know the rest of the story.”

W6KCS, K9GLS and AG5DB like this.
  6. AK3B

AK3B Subscriber QRZ Page

Folks just need to play by the rules.

W6KCS, AE5GT, K8UA and 3 others like this.
  7. N4DME

N4DME Ham Member QRZ Page

its not i think of ham radio. its more like hams operators attitudes ....then again you in most cases you have more then 1 repeater on a site that covers many if not the same area as another area. REPEATERS ARE LIKE TOOTH PICKS NOW. there no reason to have 3 repeaters on one site that covers the same area. its all a big power ego of repeaters.

KK4HPY, KK3Q, AE5GT and 3 others like this.
  8. N4DME

N4DME Ham Member QRZ Page

why not interview the source of this news and get both sides of the story ???? why do people worry about money when its printed every damn day

KG5RPZ and W3LES like this.
  9. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a Hamburger today.

WB0VPS and KC7JNJ like this.
  10. W8ASA

W8ASA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please record your audio at a higher level. I had to turn my sound card and speakers all the way up. Get closer to the mike and project your voice. Ken W8ASA

W6KCS, KJ6NQW, NN4RH and 4 others like this.