Cab Convertor

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by VK5JAK, Aug 16, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. VK5JAK

VK5JAK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use MacLoggerDX and I see that Dogpark suggests using CabConvertor, However, CabConvertor is no longer supported by the author. In order to get it to work on my Mac, I need to str=art it via Terminal.

What other ADIF to Cab conversion software is out there for Mac?

Regards
    John VK5JAK

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Windows works with Cabinet files.

Can you sideload Windows on a Mac ? :eek::oops::rolleyes:

ADIF to Cab conversion software seems that it would be simple. Roll your own should be a can do.

Good Luck.

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

John

I attempted to reply to your email with a test Cabrillo file but your email provider is rejecting my email now. Do you have an alternate email address (provider)?

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

How about telling us about it ?

Maybe we could all learn Something. :)

How big was the file that you sent ? Was it a zip ?

Now a days files get blocked and marked as a virus. I open them just for Grins. :D

5. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing quite like that. It turns out that my local ISP has a misconfigured email system so my message was bounced at the VK end.

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Suspecting that you'll return to your post someday, I've attached your sample Cabrillo file:

Attached Files:

7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's inconvenient that MacloggerDX does not include a Cabrillo export option. But you can export as ADIF, then convert the ADIF into a Cabrillo by other methods. You can for example import it into RumLogNG then export it as Cabrillo. You can do it with Aetherlog, too, although it's not as easy. Not with Skookumlogger, though - no way to import ADIF.

Also some of the CQ Contest pages have an online ADIF to Cabrillo converter.
    There are templates for creating Cabrillo files manually on the ARRL web site.

When I contest, I use Skookumlogger just for the contest logging, and then export to Cabrillo directly. Then to get the same contest QSOs into my main log on MacLoggerDX, I export to ADIF from Skookumlogger, then import that into MLDX. Could do the same procedure with RumLogNG.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  8. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the requirement to install Java is an instant "no-go" decision for me in regards to CabConverter. That's why any contest logging is done in either RUMlogNG or SkookumLogger, then saved in both Cabrillo and ADIF format. My one (and only) complaint about MLDX is the contest capability and lack of Cabrillo export.