ad: Halibut-1

C6APR Contest Team - Ed K3IXD, Randy K4QO, Pete W2GJ and Dallas W3PP

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N2OBS, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Every one of us remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard of this tragedy. We remember the shock, the disbelief, the sudden dread. "It can't be," we said. "It cannot be." It cannot be, but it is. And from now on, two places will be forever etched upon or memory: the place of his death, and the place where he will buried.

For my own personal memories are from personally knowing 3 of the 4 guys who now our permanently apart of our memories - Ed K3IXD, Randy K4QO and Pete W2GJ. Ed and Pete was part of our team named Dorchester Amateur Radio Team which meets monthly in the Dorchester EOC in Jedburg, SC. Ed was a member of both Charleston Amateur Radio Society - CARS and Trident Amateur Radio Club - TARC and his activities in amateur radio included participating in an after school program. The instructors including Ed introduced amateur radio into the middle school of DuBose Middle School which i personally participated my enjoyment of Amateur Radio when the school children were self motivated introducing them into our hobby. Randy was a member of TARC and my personal memories viewed was his projects he presented during many of the club meetings intrigued my enjoyment of electronics and its many unlimited possibilities. Even tho i only knew their families during holiday events or the occasional conversation in passing many enjoyed these gentlemen and fellow amateur operators. We are still continuing at our different ways of dealing with death eventually overcome our grief that they brought more into the world before they left ours. A couple days before the accident, Randy and myself were in discussion of an interest we both shared but spoke at great length of our enjoyment of electronics and amateur radio. From my view i saw a man who appeared to have an expression of enjoyment that i can only compare my enjoyment of electronics and amateur radio projects. Amateur radio's purpose is communications and each of our have our own interest in the hobby we share. They will be missed not only in the amateur world, not only locally in our close community but being they enjoyed contesting over the airwaves that have the potential of reflecting over hundreds or thousands of miles share the art of communications involved in dx contesting. Their presence will be missed and the enjoyment of radio will eventually continue among our communities but it has been changed because they changed us because they made talking on the radio not only enjoyable but a fun hobby and service. We were blessed to have these gentlemen among us, many events shared with each others enjoyment of amateur radio.

Lord, lift our hearts and ease our burden heavy hearts as we continue upon the earth. We were blessed to share of ourselves with them and they were grateful to share themselves with us in any type of activity we all were involved. The place of death is always tragic, always sad. But eventually as time passes the wounds of their sudden tragic tearing of their presence in our lives will over time heal and even tho they are no longer in our lives their presence remains us with wonderful memories living in our hearts. Until we meet my dear friends, let it be known we were blessed to share whatever time given among you guys in enjoyment of conversation and the love of amateur radio.

2. N3MFL

N3MFL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.delmarvapros.i8.com/guest_book.html

Please go to the link above to sign Dallas Carter wall. It will remain permanent for the local Delmarva Hams And for Remeberance of one the hottest DX operators ever. Thanks, and please sign the wall.

Michael Lathwood N3BXH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.