Buyer wants full "partial" refund and...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KL5A, Jan 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NO2Y

NO2Y Ham Member QRZ Page

They'd just block your account and you'd never be able to use PayPal again....not to mention they probably made you agree to an arbitration clause when you signed up.

As far as the guy, that's probably why he asked how the micro dots are working for you. He was pretty much admitting what he did and that you can't do anything about it

2. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

And scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "call us". Click that, and it will give you a six-digit code and a phone number. Call them and punch in the code when it asks. You may need to be logged in first. Anytime I've had to call them, the rep has been extremely helpful.

KA9MOT likes this.
  3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My guess is unless you tell them not to, the bank will still honor the draft back to Paypal and ding you $35 or whatever for overdraft fee. Make sure you instruct the bank to deny transactions that will result in an overdraft.

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

What's wrong with Postal Money Orders you ask? Poof they're gone and the POST OFFICE doesn't care a single whit!

With PayPal you have protection as a buyer, you have some protection as a seller. As a seller, if something goes wrong, you run the risk of PayPal judging against you, but those folks don't know a CW Filter from a carburetor. If they rule against you, a simple phone call explaining what is going on is all it takes to straighten the problem out. 4 times they've ruled against me. 3 times I've had it reversed. I run thousands of dollars through PayPal every year.

Postal or Bank Money order, cashiers check, Personal check... you're begging to be robbed. I'll send them, but you're going to spend a bunch of time on the phone convincing me you are you and your item works.

Agreed! SO easy a cave man can do it... but not some Ham Radio Operators eh?

5. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wasn't that long ago....sadly along with our youth, those days are long gone...and I'm not all that old.

WB0MPB likes this.