ad: elecraft

Buyer wants full "partial" refund and...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KL5A, Jan 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Which one? IP numbers aren't always static.

2. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not rocket science. They can look and see what his IP is for his logins.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

It varies constantly. He may only hold that IP address for a limited time before it gets assigned to someone else.

4. K0EED

Fine easy enough then, remove his access via login through his account. QRZ is a service and use of it is at the owners discretion. Nobody here has "a right" to have an account if they show they are morally bankrupt. The problem and I get it is you turn the owners and moderators here into policing that for sale forum but they already do that now. They remove posts that don't abide by their rules. Shouldn't one rule be use of the forum also include not ripping off other hams? Lock his account until he reimburses the seller for his losses or adios amigo.

N3AB likes this.
  5. KL5A

KL5A Ham Member QRZ Page

It's water under the bridge now, I sold the TS50 on eaby, got positive feedback, and moved on. The lesson I learned is that the PayPal process can be abused by the buyer, the recourse to the seller is difficult but they don't get to keep the item and the money if you don't let them.
    The sad part is that if sellers get too skittish about this the pool of equipment available to those outside of the hamstore grid shrinks dramatically. This hurts Buyers and sellers. Some balance would be appreciated.

6. KL5A

KL5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh and don't get caught up in the price negotiations after the fact.

7. KD5UVI

KD5UVI Ham Member QRZ Page

You can go to UPS and pay for a "call tag" (basically prepaying for shipping back to you) in which they just go and pick up the merchandise.

8. KB8ABJ

KB8ABJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am seriously thinking the only way I will use Paypal in the future is if there is an invoice generated by either me as the seller or the seller can invoice me if I am the buyer. All disclosures made in the invoice. If Paypal sides with a buyer on stipulations in an invoice such as "parts only" or "for repair" then I would think its time to can Paypal and take my business else where. Maybe if people keep getting swindled on the interwebs we will start to see a resurgence of the dying ham fests around the country. Glad to see the culprit has been named. One more rat on the black list.

9. NO2Y

NO2Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I've gotten screwed every time I've bought from a ham at a hamfest. Bought a toy for my daughter NIB. Got it home, charged it up, and it didn't work. Bought a HT and the ham said it'd be great for her. The battery was run down, but he assured me it worked fine. It didn't work at all. Got an antenna and the connector fell apart as I tried to connect it....luckily, I was able to go back in to the hamfest and find the table I bought it from with receipt...

I won't buy any more unless it's paypal.

KD4MAX likes this.
  10. K0EED

You must work for paypal :rolleyes:

If you can't determine if something is a good deal or that it works at a hamfest in person and want to trust buying online over buying in person all I can say is happy sailing. I've never had a problem buying in person but then again I checked what i was buying. Now there is a novel idea. Hey whatever works for you. Does paypal have good benefits as an employee?

N3AB likes this.