Buyer wants full "partial" refund and...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KL5A, Jan 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I just took a "hit" on eBay. Sold a new shortwave radio. Buyer demanded a refund because her father didn't "understand how to use it". Said if I wouldn't take it back, she would file a complaint with eBay.

Had another eBay buyer demand a refund on a Kenwood radio because it "got hot" when he tried to program it. Turned out his "homebrew" programming cable was defective.

Third bad transaction happened here on QRZ. Buyer said a brand new dual band radio that I sold him didn't power up. Said another radio he purchased from another buyer weeks previously did the same thing. Got the radio back, and it works 100%.

All of this in the past 2 months. Time for me to take a breather and let it rest for a while. And decide if it's time to stop offering Paypal as a payment option on non-eBay sales.

OP: Please let us know who was the buyer of your radio.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Please tell us the name, callsign, and email address of the buyer so that we can avoid selling to him in the future.

N3AB, KB0MLR and KD8DEY like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed. Call him out.

N3AB, KB0MLR and KD8DEY like this.
  4. KB8ABJ

KB8ABJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are only two reasons not to name the slug that did this.
    1. Law Enforcement has an ongoing investigation and has advised you not to do this.
    2. This sob story either didn't happen or didn't happen as relayed to us.
    Name the turd so others don't continue to deal with him.

5. KL5A

KL5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I'm not naturally a guy to dime people out but you're right, he may be still out there pulling this stuff.
    KT5OT John Sickles of Ft Smith AR, runs a business called "Ham Radio Parts". Maybe that should have tipped me off that he was a swapper or a chancer?

6. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is why when it comes to selling things I don't take paypal. Yeah Yeah I know it limits transactions I get it but it's not worth the hassle for a seller who is honest. Paypal screws over the seller on a deal like this everytime in support of the buyer. Sell local or use check or MO. Nothing is shipped till payment clears and if buyer isn't ok with that fine move along.

W3ESE likes this.
  7. K0EED

Buying in person or at a hamfest, or at a dealer. To the individual who said use a dormant account and keep a near zero balance would be the key if I sold anything using paypal but I won't.

I'd also suggest you put a post in the thread stolen radio's, scams and ripoffs with his call sign in the thread title. Most won't look in this forum and they won't see his call plainly listed in the thread title like they would if you post it over there. People like this need to have the light shined on them and make it easier for folks who use this medium to hopefully weed out the crooks and losers.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  8. K0EED

It's also interesting to note he show's a Kenwood TS50 in his own shack on his qrz page.

9. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed. I tried doing this some time ago, and a member here sent me a nasty email stating I lost him as a purchaser because I wouldn't take Paypal. I think I lost 2 seconds of sleep that night over it. o_O

KC9WUV and W3ESE like this.
  10. K0EED

How about banning their IP address for accessing qrz.com??? They shouldn't be allowed to use QRZ to victimize folks.

NZ3K and N3AB like this.