ad: UR5CDX-1

Buyer wants full "partial" refund and...

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KL5A, Jan 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. KD5ZEN

KD5ZEN Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the whole thing is suspect and if you are only stating the facts, you should disclose the identity. Others may be in a similar situation or about to get in one with this individual.

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its just the online thing that is bad. I would never, ever, buy or sell anything in an online swap meet. I don't get it why anyone would do that. There are way to many problems and risks with buying or selling online whether you are a ham or not.

If you walk into a store to buy something and you are disappointed you can always go back in and talk to them or slam the thing down on the counter and say,"I am not leaving until you make it right".

But yet everyday we hear about someone getting ripped off online, over and over again. Tomorrow you will hear it, next week you will hear it and next year you will still hear it. Getting in your car and driving to a store is the only solution.

Good Luck everyone,
    73, Lisa

WB0MPB and N4FZ like this.
  3. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

When you say Paypal ruled against you, what do you mean? Did they keep your money?

4. K8MHZ

Back in the day it was, and may very well still be, mail order sales. You would send off money for an item you saw a magazine ad for and wait 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Two months later, no item and no trace of the company or person you sent the money off to.

The Internet just makes it faster. Scammers no longer have to wait for a money order to show up in the mail.

N4FZ likes this.
  5. K8MHZ

The only way I will take a payment from PayPal is to have a separate account at my bank to transfer to with a near zero balance. When the PayPal money goes to that account, I physically take it out in the form of cash and won't relinquish possession of the item for sale until I have said cash in hand and my separate account is back to a near zero balance. If PayPal wants to get funky, they won't have any money to hold hostage. So far, so good and it's the only way I will do it.

6. KL5A

KL5A Ham Member QRZ Page

Driving to where? Not everybody has that capability, like the state of Hawaii, big parts of AK, or the less populated areas of the US. My closest ham radio store is 8 hours away, and I'm probably one of the luckier remotish people.

Online is a fact of life for many of us, so we need to make it safer and smoother.

7. KL5A

KL5A Ham Member QRZ Page

They are refunding the buyer pending return of the radio. The buyer sent a invalid tracking number, I don't know if it an honest mistake or a deliberate move to give him cover and claim he did send it. Paypal needs me to send a verification that I received it but gave me no option to tell them I didn't, so we shall see how that goes.

8. K8MHZ

I still don't know if you have your money or not. You said 'they' are refunding the buyer. Are 'they' using 'their' money? Is your money in a PayPal account and they won't let you get it out?

9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup. I will NEVER sell using any other method than cash or USPS Money order and will NEVER buy using any other means than Paypal.

I concern myself with my interests - not the interests of others.

Don't like that? Fine - don't sell to me or buy from me :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WB6VYH, KD2NOM, W3ESE and 2 others like this.
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If that is the case then why post about it online.

Just except it as a loss and the consequences of doing businesses online and just move on.
    Posting about it online will never make it "safer and smoother", it wont change anything for anyone.

Good Luck,

WB9YTG and W7UUU like this.