Buyer has radio for month, now wants money back?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N7PHX, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

How does PayPal close the case when you get the radio back? Do they use postal tracking?

2. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is the person trying to scam you out of $700? I'd be outing them for their dishonesty before I started slamming PayPal for following the contractual terms of use, which this person seems to be abusing.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a reason I don't use PayPal for anything and sure won't accept it as payment for anything, ever.

Come pick it up, smile if you like it and hand me the ca$h.

Thanks.:)

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

To make it even more entertaining, Paypal recently extended it to SIX MONTHS. Yep - full refund to buyer for virtually any reason extended to 180 days.

I'm with WIK - either I sell in person cash or via USPS Money Order and I only buy via Paypal.

Flame as you see fit - but that's how I roll and I have good reasons.... this thread being one of them to add to my list.

Buyers do NOT "own" every transaction like Paypal wants them to.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KC9UDX like this.
  5. N7PHX

N7PHX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Update: Pay has ruled in the buyers favor unfortunately. Siting that the buyer has 180 days to file a claim and get a refund, no ifs, and's, or but's. Its a black and white issue. He has been instructed to return the (Now broken or scavenged) radio to me. They will use the tracking number he provides them with to determine when it arrives back in my hands. Once it arrives at my doorstep, the case is closed. Let this be a valuable lesson learned to everyone who accepts paypal as payment for their goods. I will post the sellers callsign once the radio arrives and I confirm it is in non working condition.

KC9UDX likes this.
  6. N7PHX

yes. exactly.

7. KE4HTS

KE4HTS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope you get your radio back and all is well, and not an empty box.

N7PHX likes this.
  8. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

As a seller, I will only use PayPal for small transactions. 20 dollars is about the limit. I only keep a minimal amount of funds in the PP account. If they take them and place a negative balance on me, I will immediately close out the bank account related to my PP account and be done with them.

I started hearing stories about Pay Pal screwing customers over 10 years ago.

This site has been nipping at their heels for years now.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

This site indicates that some help may be gotten through the AG's office:

https://www.aboutpaypal.org/unexplained-suspicious-activity-paypal-money-6-months/

There is the NoPayPal Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/NoPayPal/

And many, many more.

N7PHX likes this.
  9. N7PHX

Update: Radio has been shipped and is in transit. Paypal said they are tracking the package and that the second its at my door, the case will be closed and the funds pulled from my bank account. I'm utterly disgusted. I have no doubt the radio that is being sent to me is worthless now. I cant remove my bank account information from paypal, because they lock it once a claim has been filed. I sold the radio to pay for an emergency... now I'm in deeper sh** than I was before. Paypal can kiss my rear.

KC9UDX likes this.
  10. W4KSL

W4KSL Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder when one sells on eBay and states "returns not excepted" does pay pal still use these tactics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.