Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by N4SFU, Jan 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4SFU

N4SFU Ham Member QRZ Page

I purchased what was supposed to be a working YouKits FG-01 antenna analyzer for KJ6QVB on December 28th and received a nonworking unit that has a burnt trace and was told not his problem. Seller refuses to work it out stating that it worked when he had it and it must have happened in shipping. Below is his actual statement.
    Look, I'm not going to accept responsibility for something that happened in shipment. I'm a retiree and living in a travel trailer. Over the last year I had to sell off all of my amateur radio equipment and much of my musical equipment to pay for living expenses. And I don't have an address to return the item even if I could. However, I am willing to do what I can to help make it right, but only if you are willing to do what you can. If you get a professional quote for repair, either from YouKits or a local repair facility, I would be willing to refund a portion back to you for said repair when I have some funds available. That's the best I can do. I hope you will consider my offer, as it's all I can do.

2. N7JS

N7JS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Burnt trace happened in shipment?

K8MH likes this.
  3. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

If you paid via PP since that is how he requested payment, you should be able to retrieve your funds and return the defective item. GL