ad: k1jek

Bush loving the Saudis!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4BDW, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
  1. kc0ebm

kc0ebm Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KI4BDW @ April 19 2004,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a lot of you will get a kick at this, and a lot of you will probably flame me for this, but I think it quite interesting so flame on! (Just give me a minute to zip up my fire-resistant suit)

Article Link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, promised President Bush (news - web sites) the Saudis would cut oil prices before November to ensure the U.S. economy is strong on election day, journalist Bob Woodward said in a television interview on Sunday.

Reuters Photo

In an interview with CBS's &quot;60 Minutes&quot; about his new book &quot;Plan of Attack&quot; on the Bush administration's preparations for the Iraq (news - web sites) war, Woodward, a senior editor at the Washington Post, said Prince Bandar pledged the Saudi's would try to fine-tune oil prices to prime the U.S. economy for the election -- a move they understood would favor Bush's re-election.

Questioned about his assertion at a time when oil prices are nearing a 13-year high, Woodward responded:

&quot;They're high. And they could go down very quickly. That's the Saudi pledge. Certainly over the summer or as we get closer to the election they could increase production several million barrels a day and the price would drop significantly.&quot;

It was not clear from the interview precisely when Prince Bandar's pledge was allegedly made.

Bush has been under attack from Democrats in recent weeks for failing to halt rising domestic gasoline prices which have hit a record of $1.80 per gallon, according to the U.S. motorists group AAA.

The spike in gasoline prices resulted from a sharp cut in crude oil production this month by members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. Oil futures in New York closed on Friday at $37.74 a barrel for U.S. light crude.

Prince Bandar has been the Saudi envoy to the United States for 20 years and is part of the Saudi royal family, which has had a close relationship with the Bush family for years.

Earlier this month Bandar reassured Bush that the kingdom would not allow oil shortages to hurt world economic growth after Saudi Arabia led a push by OPEC (news - web sites) to cut output by 1 million barrels a day from April.

&quot;Saudi Arabia's policy is consistent. Number one: we will not allow any shortages in the market,&quot; Bandar told reporters on April 1 after delivering his message to Bush from Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler Crown Prince Abdullah.

Rising oil prices have threatened to revive tensions between the United States and Saudi Arabia, despite decades of close ties which were severely strained by the fact that 15 of the 19 hijackers in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks were Saudis.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    KI4BDW,

I appreciate your post, but possibly not for the reason that you might hope.

What this article tells me is that, now more than ever, the USA needs to be focused on finding alternative sources of energy.

I'm sick and damn tired of Saudi Arabia, and other oil rich nations that hate this country, using their oil and our dependence on it to influence our elections!

And I say this at a time when their influence might strengthen my candidate!!!

Its time for Americans to look past their pocket books when they go to the polls. Its time to realize and take into account how the oil barrens of the world, particularly Saudi Arabia, try to influence the outcome of OUR elections.

Message to Saudi Arabia: Increasing production and lowering oil prices just before the elections in November will look like a victory for Bush and increase his chances of reelection in November. While I fully intend to vote for Bush, and while your intentions will influence the election in favor of MY candidate, BUTT OUT!!! [​IMG]

Don't do us any favors! Our President, whether its Bush or Kerry, can rise and fall on his OWN merit without ANY influence from YOU whatsoever [​IMG]

Just be damn glad that the genius of this country has not yet devised a way to eliminate our need for YOUR oil.

And just be fully aware of the fact that, if we set our minds and hearts to the task, we WILL eliminate our need for YOUR oil.

And when we do, all your subterfuge will come home to roost. All your support for terrorism will come back to haunt you. We can't touch you now because our economy rests upon YOUR oil. But when we eliminate our need for it, we will remember how you spent the profits from your oil to destroy us and sow division among us, and to hire others to attack us to destroy our way of life.

And when we eliminate our need for YOUR oil, and after we spread peace and Democracy in the Middle East and prosperity and world commerse takes hold, the Middle East will be in need of a flat and smooth boat ramp for all its fishermen. Saudi Arabia will work just fine for that purpose. Then if we need to, your oil will serve as cheep pavement to cover the sand that has turned to slippery glass.

73 Saud [​IMG]

2. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

A local radio host says words to the effect that our oil prices stem from the following facts:

There's plenty of oil in Texas. There's plenty of oil in Alaska. But all the dipsticks are in Washington.
    [​IMG]

And I have to agree that the Dems don't want to win this year. In fact, I suspect the reason they were so insistent to get Rice to testify before the 911 commission was to increase her profile so they can get a jump start trashing her. I'm not alone in my suspicions that Rice is the Republican most likely to run against Hillary in '08.

Wouldn't that be a delicious irony? The Dems claim to be the party of minorities and women. They claim sole credit for civil rights' progress of the last 40+ years. And they consider women and minorities who don't endorse Democrats (MIV, I like your spelling of the term.) traitors to their respective causes. I would love to see Rice get elected.

Steve

3. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kc0ebm @ April 19 2004,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KI4BDW @ April 19 2004,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know a lot of you will get a kick at this, and a lot of you will probably flame me for this, but I think it quite interesting so flame on! (Just give me a minute to zip up my fire-resistant suit)

Article Link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, promised President Bush (news - web sites) the Saudis would cut oil prices before November to ensure the U.S. economy is strong on election day, journalist Bob Woodward said in a television interview on Sunday.

Reuters Photo

In an interview with CBS's &quot;60 Minutes&quot; about his new book &quot;Plan of Attack&quot; on the Bush administration's preparations for the Iraq (news - web sites) war, Woodward, a senior editor at the Washington Post, said Prince Bandar pledged the Saudi's would try to fine-tune oil prices to prime the U.S. economy for the election -- a move they understood would favor Bush's re-election.

Questioned about his assertion at a time when oil prices are nearing a 13-year high, Woodward responded:

&quot;They're high. And they could go down very quickly. That's the Saudi pledge. Certainly over the summer or as we get closer to the election they could increase production several million barrels a day and the price would drop significantly.&quot;

It was not clear from the interview precisely when Prince Bandar's pledge was allegedly made.

Bush has been under attack from Democrats in recent weeks for failing to halt rising domestic gasoline prices which have hit a record of $1.80 per gallon, according to the U.S. motorists group AAA.

The spike in gasoline prices resulted from a sharp cut in crude oil production this month by members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. Oil futures in New York closed on Friday at $37.74 a barrel for U.S. light crude.

Prince Bandar has been the Saudi envoy to the United States for 20 years and is part of the Saudi royal family, which has had a close relationship with the Bush family for years.

Earlier this month Bandar reassured Bush that the kingdom would not allow oil shortages to hurt world economic growth after Saudi Arabia led a push by OPEC (news - web sites) to cut output by 1 million barrels a day from April.

&quot;Saudi Arabia's policy is consistent. Number one: we will not allow any shortages in the market,&quot; Bandar told reporters on April 1 after delivering his message to Bush from Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler Crown Prince Abdullah.

Rising oil prices have threatened to revive tensions between the United States and Saudi Arabia, despite decades of close ties which were severely strained by the fact that 15 of the 19 hijackers in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks were Saudis.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    KI4BDW,

I appreciate your post, but possibly not for the reason that you might hope.

What this article tells me is that, now more than ever, the USA needs to be focused on finding alternative sources of energy.

I'm sick and damn tired of Saudi Arabia, and other oil rich nations that hate this country, using their oil and our dependence on it to influence our elections!

And I say this at a time when their influence might strengthen my candidate!!!

Its time for Americans to look past their pocket books when they go to the polls.  Its time to realize and take into account how the oil barrens of the world, particularly Saudi Arabia, try to influence the outcome of OUR elections.

Message to Saudi Arabia:  Increasing production and lowering oil prices just before the elections in November will look like a victory for Bush and increase his chances of reelection in November.  While I fully intend to vote for Bush, and while your intentions will influence the election in favor of MY candidate, BUTT OUT!!! [​IMG]

Don't do us any favors!  Our President, whether its Bush or Kerry, can rise and fall on his OWN merit without ANY influence from YOU whatsoever [​IMG]

Just be damn glad that the genius of this country has not yet devised a way to eliminate our need for YOUR oil.

And just be fully aware of the fact that, if we set our minds and hearts to the task, we WILL eliminate our need for YOUR oil.  

And when we do, all your subterfuge will come home to roost.  All your support for terrorism will come back to haunt you.  We can't touch you now because our economy rests upon YOUR oil.  But when we eliminate our need for it, we will remember how you spent the profits from your oil to destroy us and sow division among us, and to hire others to attack us to destroy our way of life.  

And when we eliminate our need for YOUR oil, and after we spread peace and Democracy in the Middle East and prosperity and world commerse takes hold, the Middle East will be in need of a flat and smooth boat ramp for all its fishermen.  Saudi Arabia will work just fine for that purpose.  Then if we need to, your oil will serve as cheep pavement to cover the sand that has turned to slippery glass.

73 Saud [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The big problem is the enviromentalists, their lobbyist, and most liberals that want to block exploration of Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico.

These two places alone have enough oil for us to be self-sufficient and prices to come down dramtically. But are we doing it? Nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo...

Time to stop relying on foreign countries and tap into our own vast supply.

Bob Woodward is a Republican yes, but is a liberal at heart.

4. KC7HDE

KC7HDE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I for one can't wait for the new HYDROGEN FUEL CELL cars to come on the market.
    I'm driving a 1990 Chev 1/2 ton that I would love to unload ( I'm on my second engine) but I am still waiting for the new thing to come out.

I hope it won't be too long now.

Norm. T. [​IMG]

5. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's always the little guy that advances the cause of independence. Just saw a preview last night for a new program on Discovery Channel, &quot;Sucking Amps&quot;. These guys are building super electric hot-rods and racing them.
    I have to say these people are true Patriots because they are the ones advancing the technology that big oil and the like have been trying to supress for years. No conspiracy there, just the facts.
      I posted a couple of months back about a guy in California who is trying to mass produce an electric car that sits on top of 2000 pounds of batteries and will out run a Ferrari. Anyone remember seeing this story on TV? The vehicle is narrower than a conventional car but is more stable. Just wondering if he was shut down or just went belly up.
      I thought the hydrogen fuel cell would be coming along sooner but me'thinks big oil has stuck a wrench in that one too.
      And please, I know there are those who post here who have worked for oil companies and have a much better grasp of what it takes to get energy out of something. I just think in the long term, if we are not going to use our own oil, then proceed with the technology of electric and hydrogen fuel cells and bring down the cost of production so that I, Joe Sixpack, will want to go out and buy one of these vehicles.
      And the Saudis be Damned!

6. K4JSR

K4JSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey folks, get a grip...
    This comment was sent to me by a friend. At this moment
    I am not sure who gets the credit for saying it, but you
    Bush haters, eat a little truth!
    &lt;QUOTE&gt;
    Bob Woodward went on Larry King last night to set the record straight. &quot;What I say in the book is that the Saudis hoped to keep oil prices low during the period before the election, because of its impact on the economy.&quot; Saudi Ambassador Prince Bandar bin Sultan, also on the same program, said that characterization was accurate. He said he hoped that the oil prices would stay low because that benefits the U.S. economy as well as the international economy. He also said that every President since Carter asked him to keep the prices down.

Well ... there goes another big conspiracy theory.

Now ... let me tell you why the media and the Democrats tried to put this &quot;there's a conspiracy between Bush and the Saudis to lower gas prices just before the election&quot; story out there. Look at it this way. Democrats and their media fellow-travelers know that gas prices are going to go down before the election. The kids are back in school, vacations are over, driving is down which means that demand is down, and prices go down. The Democrats hoped to set the stage for this inevitable price reduction so that they could scream &quot;See! The conspiracy is complete! Gas prices are down!&quot;

sKerry, of course ever the opportunist, is running around proclaiming that the secret deal (of which there wasn't one) is outrageous and unacceptable. For his part, Woodward says &quot;Kerry has taken this to the next level. This always gets caught in the political crossfire, and I'm trying to stick with what my reporting showed.&quot; What? The media...stick to the facts? Woodward should know better by now.

Oh, and by the way...if Bush were able to get secretly lower oil prices from the Saudis, wouldn't that be a good thing? Doesn't everybody want cheaper gas? Not if it benefits this administration at the same time, say the Bush-haters.
    &lt;END QUOTE&gt;
    [​IMG] Have a nice day, Dems!
    Cal K4JSR

7. K4JSR

K4JSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well put, MIV. Also who has not allowed even one new petroleum refinery to be built in this country in over twenty years? Ask Teddy and the JFK WANNABE, but never will.
    Just to cheer you DemocRATS up, here is a little joke just
    for you!

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies: &quot;I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.&quot; The florist is pleased and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: &quot;I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.&quot; The cop is happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Democrat comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: &quot;I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.&quot;

The Democrat is very happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Democrats lined up waiting for a free haircut.
    [​IMG] Where is SY when you need one? HAW! [​IMG]
    73 Cal K4JSR

8. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Democrites (Thanks, MIV) don't really care if anything is free, so long as someone else is paying for it.

[I miss SY, too! Steve, your goyim fans need you!]
    [​IMG]

9. kc0ebm

kc0ebm Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N8CPA @ April 20 2004,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A local radio host says words to the effect that our oil prices stem from the following facts:  

There's plenty of oil in Texas.  There's plenty of oil in Alaska.  But all the dipsticks are in Washington.
    [​IMG]

And I have to agree that the Dems don't want to win this year. In fact, I suspect the reason they were so insistent to get Rice to testify before the 911 commission was to increase her profile so they can get a jump start trashing her.  I'm not alone in my suspicions that Rice is the Republican most likely to run against Hillary in '08.

Wouldn't that be a delicious irony?  The Dems claim to be the party of minorities and women.  They claim sole credit for civil rights' progress of the last 40+ years.  And they consider women and minorities who don't endorse Democrats (MIV, I like your spelling of the term.) traitors to their respective causes.  I would love to see Rice get elected.

Steve[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    CPA,

That thought occured to me as well. But you're the first to make that suggestion. Wouldn't it be sweet justice to see Condi beat Hil in 2008?

That would make 3 Republican terms in succession, and the First Woman as President would also be Black!

Condi is a genious. I don't know how motivated she would be to seek the highest office in the world, but I would vote for her if there wasn't anybody more qualified or likely to beat Hil in 08.

What a cat fight that would be! [​IMG]

Let's think about this some more [​IMG]

EBM

10. N0PU

N0PU Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K4JSR @ April 20 2004,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
    Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Democrat comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: &quot;I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.&quot;

The Democrat is very happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Democrats lined up waiting for a free haircut.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just goes to show ya...

Democrats share their good fortune with their friends... Republicans try to keep it a secret... Just for themselves...

I'm neither, but that is what I got from the story...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.