ad: UR5CDX-1

Building bluetooth app in Linux - using C/C++

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by AA7EJ, Dec 3, 2019 at 3:12 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am posting this here because I KNOW there are "amateur radio operators " who do indulge in computer programming.
    I am in need to bounce off ideas from somebody who is savvy with Bluetooth.
    I do not need links, forums , and most of all "tutorials".

Most of the stuff on internet covers "questions" of type
    "... how do I connect my x device (Raspberry Pi ) to y device ( Android , i-phone etc. ) using Bluetooth?"

I am not interested in what I call "high level" usage of Bluetooth.
    I am not interested in Python, just C/C++.

I am down to "lowest level " , such as
    device / adapter / device descriptor / hci / class of service etc. etc.

I have been using "tools" - such as Bluetooth specification , hciconfig , hcitools , BlueZ ( hci based "library" ).

Since this is NOT directly amateur radio related , but the app will be applied in amateur radio , please read my post carefully and reply only if you are familiar with the above tools.
    Following such instruction does not infringe on your "freedom to post here " , but in the long run gives you more time you can spent on real amateur radio activity of your choice.

Thanks
    73 Shirley

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Shirley - please reply to this as soon as you see it. Just reply to this thread post. It’s important

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Shirley - you need to post in this thread that you see this. This is very important and needs to happen soon.

Thank you

Dave
    W7UUU

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty sure you're in 'the club' Dave!

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

Putting Moderators on "ignore" carries stiff penalties - it's strictly against the rules

Need to hear from you soon Shirley - thanks!

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

He has everyone that can help him on IGNORE. o_O

I gave up on the hopeless cause.

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

Consider this a PSA to anyone who might see this: putting Moderators on Ignore has significant penalties associated with it.

My strong advice is "don't do it"

Dave
    W7UUU

WR2E likes this.
  8. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Been a moderator on a couple diesel forums & putting a moderator is instant bootage.

Ed

W7UUU likes this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Why can't I see any replies here? :rolleyes:

10. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Because, many who have tried to help Shirley have fallen out of prestated guidelines (Like above) & have gotten blocked (Like myself & the Moderator). People have given up helping, due to getting lambasted for it.

Ed

KJ4VTH likes this.