ad: UR5CDX-1

Build your own DX Commander Multifan Vertical Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9FFF, Jul 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W2STF

W2STF Ham Member QRZ Page

ALF. is still using a G5RV.

Good Luck to All.

ALF.

W2STF

2. W5VAX

W5VAX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Agreed, I thought it was a good video, and that he gave much credit. The thing is, in our world of Snowflakes that get triggered now at the slightest perceived affront, it's just easier to make noise than to not.

Just don't dare respond to their posts, you've been encouraged to 'spin the knob' after all :)

I would like to build one of these antennas, and after watching this video, it just seemed to make more sense to simply buy the DX Commander, and know I'd have a quality product, instead of relying on my ability to create something that might cost a bit less, but certainly have no guarantees.

N5EVV likes this.
  3. N5EVV

N5EVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok Everyone complaining about this build your own DX Commander can stop now. Callum, in a live stream, gave Ham Radio Dude his blessing and ENCOURAGED EVERYONE to build their own version and SEND HIM PICTURES of their builds. CASE CLOSED!

KC1ILH and M0TTQ like this.
  4. W9FFF

W9FFF Ham Member QRZ Page

I love the part where he says I've been vindicated. I guess I may show my face around here again . Thanks everyone for the support and comments.

N5EVV and M0TTQ like this.
  5. N0VTY

N0VTY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All the whiners in here is amazing. Hams have been building and using this antenna design for decades. Callum did not invent it "His words" But he does make a nice package and saves a lot of work chasing parts.

6. N6TDG

N6TDG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly--Callum does say he did not invent it--he may have refined it--he definitely put a very nice product together. It is no different than the plethora of folks selling finished product EFHW antennas, etc which is too, just bits of wire and some connectors. Sometimes we purchase things just to purchase them. Maybe we like the color, the finish, the presenter--whatever the reason. If folks wish to purchase something for their hobby rather than build it--good for them, they are enjoying the hobby the way they wish to enjoy it. If someone else wishes to build something from the ground up--bully for them as they too are enjoying the hobby as they wish.