Buddipole Reaches New Heights with Mastwerks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM6FAK, Jul 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3NXH

K3NXH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wishing you the best of luck Chris with your new Mastwerks venture, I am sure you will make a success out of it.
    Chuck
    K3NXH

KM6FAK likes this.
  2. K7CB

K7CB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"As we all know the height of your antenna can make all the difference whether your operating VHF/UHF or trying to maximize your take off angle for some good DX on HF."

*you're

G8KNC, WU8Y, AF9US and 2 others like this.
  3. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, everybody is an expert in grammatical editing.
    Never mind the technical error showing minimal knowledge about "take off angle".
    Or is "maximize" equal to "minimal" ?
    73 Shirley

KQ6XA, NH7RO and WN1MB like this.
  4. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great system. I used one at WFD last January. Looking forward to deploying it again in the future.

KM6FAK and W5CAA like this.
  5. W9RTB

W9RTB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I called for info and pricing. I was send a price list. If my memory is correct $400-$600 range. You could email them for more info.
    Randy
    W9RTB

AB4UG and KM6FAK like this.
  6. NU4R

NU4R Ham Member QRZ Page

If your memory is correct....YIPES!

Thanks Randy & 73!

W4FAS, AJ4LN, K4AGO and 1 other person like this.
  7. AJ4XM

AJ4XM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At 3 feet ASL I am definitely vertically challenged. But my Buddipole has worked well for my QRP work and does DX nicely. Something about take off angle. I have met Chris and his father at Dayton and had several discussions about guying and element support in windy conditions. They have been very helpful and offered lots of suggestions. I have seen continual improvement in the product line and quality of components over the past several years. The new taller mast line has some good potential. I expect they will post prices online as hey get that more refined. I would like to see a remotely tunable coil, but since you have to change element length it still has to come down for most changes. When you try something like a StepIR single element that can be adjusted in place, you add a lot of weight and make it hard to support.

KM6FAK likes this.
  8. K4BAD

K4BAD Ham Member QRZ Page

OOH....I like this.
    However, I tremble at the expected price...Ouch

9. W3LES

W3LES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess your right W9HBH
    "Red flag no pricing on web site, old saying if you have to ask you can't afford it. May have to wait for MFJ's copy" although I could never
    understand why they do it..,,,

10. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

There's no pricing on a lot of web sites... it isn't an indication of anything really. It is really just a marketing ploy to get you to call or further research the product by viewing other marketing materials, calling a sales person, or in other ways getting involved with the product- all of which will gear you towards a purchase when you see how great it is (their thinking).

Price is only an obstacle in the absence of value. And the more you look at a product, in general, the more chance you will have of finding the value in it. Then when you see the price, you'll more often than not justify it.

If I told you an antenna "mast" was $5000 you would probably balk at it. If you then saw it was a small crank over tower that could support a massive antenna, your thinking would probably change and you'd think $5000 was a bargain... because the value of the tower went up when you saw what it could do.

I would never begrudge a manufacturer for not including pricing. On the contrary, I think they are more looking for customers who want to interact with their products prior to making a purchase rather than simple "price shoppers" who always want the cheapest thing they can get their hands on.

Having said all of that, I think you also have a case here of a new product and the web site hasn't quite caught up just yet. Give it a little time.

KM6FAK, K7LZR and W4RAV like this.