broken UTC Database Amateur Notification Process

Discussion in 'The Low Bands - 630/2200 Meters - VLF' started by K6CLS, Feb 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

has anyone tried the UTC notification form lately?

https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/

prints an error:

reCAPTCHA
    The captcha is missing from this form
    oh well, their loss. as they noted on their own web site, they are not immune from part 15 and part 97

https://utc.org/plc-database/

However, PLC users are not protected from interference from licensed radio transmitters.​

so I think the entire registration thing is just a sham. they weren't prepared for it, somebody's nephew set up their crummy website, and they don't need us anyhow.

ok let's all run FT-8 and CW on 474 kHz!!!!!

WB1E likes this.
  2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Although I have been "approved" months ago, I looked at the link you provided and it is working fine here!

Glen, K9STH

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I could bring up the page but since I already applied I did not try entering any data.

4. AA4HA

AA4HA Ham Member QRZ Page

I notified them more than a month ago, no reply so I am going to set up my equipment and start operating.

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So is this still going on??

09/15/2017
    The FCC has announced that the Office of Management and Budget has approved, for 3 years, the information-collection requirement of the Commission’s March 29 Report and Order (R&O) that spelled out Amateur Radio service rules for the two new bands — 630 meters and 2200 meters. Notice of the action appears in today’s edition of the Federal Register. Before using either band, stations must notify the Utilities Technology Council (UTC), formerly the Utilities Telecom Council, that they plan to do so, and if UTC does not respond within 30 days, they may commence operation.

6. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As long as all fields are complete - it should work.

There is a 30 day window. I do not believe they will necessarily reply unless there is a conflict with your location and/or amateur license.

I applied, and other then a response from FCC OET on a 2200m beacon permit, I did not hear back from UTC at all - which is normal.

The Wk2XAH beacon was up for a year, but was retired in April 2020. Good luck !

Jim, WQ2H