Broadcast Audio limiter/compressor in audio chain for newbie

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KD6CXW, Jul 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WZ5Q

WZ5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamfests are drying up as a source for these types of parts and tubes. I've been seeing less and less every year. Even with all the Builders going SK, the people that sort through their treasures know what the good tubes, parts, and equipment will bring on ebay and the hammy hambone community will never see them at the hamfests.

2. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I still try to do selling at hamfests. No photos, no packing and shipping, no phone calls, no scams. Set it on the table, I get cash and the buyer carries, all done. But there's a right and wrong way to sell at a hamfest. Going alone and having to sit at your table for hours watching your stuff really sucks unless you like sitting on the bank of a pond watching a rod and fishing line doing nothing. It's a lot better to be part of a group of friends so you can leave your cell phone number with them and get up and walk around whenever you want to or sit and ragchew with your neighbors. One nuisance at hamfests are the people who will park themselves in front of you and talk for half an hour if you let them. After around 10 minutes of this I tell them to move along. They'll stand there for the entire hamfest if you don't tell them to get lost. Worse are the smokers. There aren't too many of them now, maybe because most are SK. I refuse to talk to a smoker until he's put out his cigarette.

3. W7TFO

W7TFO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Occasionally I sell at hamfests. When one sets the prices around what I NET from eBay sales, things move.

Trying to get top $ from the usual skinflints means not much will move.

Stop by our table in Yuma next month!

73DG

4. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing beats a properly neutralized triode class C power amplifier.

Watching the output peak and grid peak or remain flat across the plate current dip is RF nirvana.

WZ5Q likes this.
  5. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree!
    Nothing worked better then my 812a modulated by 811a rig.
    It was 100% symetrical and neutralized perfectly.
    [​IMG]

W1BR likes this.