Bridgecom repeater?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA2NAN, Sep 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA0CBW

WA0CBW Ham Member QRZ Page

We have the same problem (internal isolation - desense) with our 220 Bridgecom repeater.
    Bill

2. WA2NAN

WA2NAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All,
    I want to report that Ron and the folks at Bridgecom who have fixed all of my concerns with our BCR-50v repeater.
    They came up with a firmware upgrade that expanded the squelch range so that it now go down lower to the squelch floor and no longer chops off readable signals. They also addressed the desence problem, and that is no longer present. I want to thank Ron and the service department for listening to my complaints and working to fix them. If you are experiencing similar problems, contact Ron at tech support and let them help you through them...…………...thanks...…...wa2nan-Kerry

NL7W likes this.
  3. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is called squelch hysteresis. Commercial quality gear rarely had issues with popping squelch on
    threshold level signals. Tail drop out delay is not the same. I'm still running a NOS Micor repeater
    with A MSR-5000 PA deck. Not one failure in over 22 years. Sorry if this was covered, but didn't want
    to waddle through several pages.....

WA0CBW and NL7W like this.
  4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bingo! Good hysteresis is hard to find these days. :D

5. WA2NAN

Yes your correct. The Bridgecom is now working as well as the mastr2 that had a 6db internal preamp that we used for the last several years. My main point was that Bridgecom did address our concerns...

KC0QVT likes this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is way cool.

Enjoy.

KC0QVT likes this.
  7. WA2NAN

I received email from Ron at Bridgecom today and he said the new squelch hysteresis modification will be incorporated in all newly produced units...
    Thank you Ron...

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

BINGO!! There's a real repeater guy..... You beat me to it!

9. WA2NAN

Yes it does have a delay. Read my latest post. Bridgecom worked with me on my recommendation to expand the squelch hysteresis. They did that with a new firmware upgrade and the squelch works fine now. I sent it in and they also fixed the internal desence problem though I don't know what they did. The repeater is now working fine...thanks to Ron at Bridgecom systems...wa2nan