ad: UR5CDX-1

Brazil has first ham aproved by online exam

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

"Brazil has its very first complete HF station, fully second-hand devices, with 0 (z-e-r-o) import duties"
    In an unprecedent move, aimed at getting hams on the air, Brazil Congress approved an urgent law zeroing import taxation for radio-amateur stuff. The law, valid today, applies only to second-hand radio gear, from any exporting country, and to rigs and accessories related to HF frequencies. VHF/UHF is not considered at the time. Labre, which has been fighting for decades for this bill to be passed, eagerly begging for brazilian amateurs to get on the air, is well aware the taxation burden is one of the main impediment to settle or renew shacks. Brazilian ether is expected to be full of signals very soon, in spite of the so-so propagation. Labre says their fees will now be continuously reduced, more amateurs on the air, less expensive to become or stay Labrian. Labre's Chief Executive also said the association will keep a much closer eye on Anatel, insuring the whimsical agency now greatly facilitates our hobby instead of the contrary, because... it's only a hobby, and we're all responsible, radio-scientific people.

LU1YHF likes this.
  2. PY2NEA

Not yet implemented, no A1A testing, hence only valid to access the lowest, dim-privileges class, and anyway, looooong overdue as Brazil is a continental country. Not surprizingly in Brazil, a prepotent whimsical agency trying to take advantage of its recurrent incompetence.

3. PY2ECM

PY2ECM Guest

Every day here in Brazil our entities are working to help us. Today we can certificate all of our equipment for free and easily. Now we have online tests etc. But we have some operators who want to be a Operator Class A (the major Class of ham radio operation) without any effort. And starts to complain about. Our tests is very easy the only thing you need is study CW. Very Easy. 73 my friends. PY2ECM - Eric

K8PG likes this.
  4. LU1YHF

LU1YHF Ham Member QRZ Page

En nuestro país, supo existir una regulación que eximía de impuestos al radioaficionado, al adquirir equipos nuevos por única vez, como así también tarifas especiales para el envío de tarjetas QSL. En la actualidad nada de éso existe, por eso me parece correcto que al menos en equipos de segunda mano, el aficionado de Brasil no pague altos aranceles. Es una actividad sin lucro, y lamentablemente se "acuerdan" de nosotros cuando hay una catástrofe que imposibilita las comunicaciones.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    KK5R and PY2NEA like this.
  5. PY2NEA

Haha that Emcomthing. Paradox is that those from that Br emergency coms, system on the air, say, two days on the whole year, only for a delimited region, no DXing, are tax-exempt. We, who Tx/Rx night/day, would pay 60% rip-off import duties on any stuff amounting $100, freight included. Hence, should I help, if they need me? I would, of course, have I been able to settle a less minimalistic station.

6. PY1KZ

PY1KZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Renner, the exams test will be conducted only for "entry level" licenses "C" and "A".
    73´s
    Miguel
    PY1KZ

KK5R and PY2RAF like this.
  7. NI4Y

NI4Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

VK3VM
    "question and answer"-creep (i.e. "escape" of questions and answers via keystroke recorders and screen recorders). Its been an issue that I have worked on for 20-years in the Academic sector without direct supervision providing resolution ...[/QUOTE]

In the US all questions and answered are accessible via the Open Records Act so there is no such thing as secret questions.

Wouldn't your Public Records Act of 1958 be covered under this law?

As you say a sizabile question pool keeps it fair.

Interesting concept request the chemistry exam question pool from the state university chemistry department. They would be obliged to respond in 2 weeks.

PY2NEA likes this.
  8. PY2NEA

...actually you can only upgrade to A-Class if you've previously passed the CW test, and the Elec-test, hence already granted B-Class. Which of us passed the CW testing before the china-virus lockdown, and did not succeed in filling the Elec-test at that time? Anatel might be quite illogical, just likewise their own site, but our wonderful Agency is not much more irrational than lots of brazilian citizens. Hopefully, this is a technical hobby.

Therefore, that first page anouncement is valid for C-Class only, very slight privileges, HT china-stuff, scoutboys and girls and so on, and we, we stand unable to set up a modest station, even worse with the US$ being up in the ionosphere. THAT's the point, but hey! lucky us, the way things are worsening here, won't be long before Brazil becomes a rare DX. With +40,000 licensed radio-amateurs, go figure. Some praise or rely on Labre, good for them.

KK5R likes this.
  9. PP2OL

PP2OL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations for all brazilian amateurs radio!!

10. VK3VM

VK3VM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Answer - No not in Australia. We do have the Freedom of Information Act (1982) that has been attempted to be used a number of times to "expose" the question banks here in Australia - Unsuccessfully.

[ We have a number of strange laws here that our regulator REFUSES to budge on; Do you know that Radio Inspectors CAN and MAY break down your door - without Warrant? Oh, and our register for licenses MUST be public - and with no age restriction on AR licenses - there are contacts for many minors on the database??? ]

Yet as I state this issue IS being discussed. I have been a very active campaigner for having our question banks open. Myself and another Amateur (who has since retired as an assessor) held at one stage the recordd for the most number of successful exam question queries in a year !!!!

Open pools with LARGE question sets reduces (but as I restate will never eliminate) chances of those with special talents circumventing processes. I restate that even though CCNA and MCSE assessments have VERY heavy proctoring requirements questions from such assessments still get out (and we get rabbits being certified)....

And I restate again that IF our IARU was SERIOUS they would be leading the charge at putting valid questions into the ether as guides for regulatory domains. Having "international standards" sets a level of consistency.

11. PY4CK

PY4CK Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't fool yourself PU2OZT. I have lived in Europe for many years and the entry level exam is not in anyway more difficult than the one applied in Brazil for this class. In Brazil we currently have 3 classes, A,B and C (entry level) this online exam was open only for C and A class since for B class we still have CW examination here (mandatory). C level in Brazil or elsewhere is most of it a matter of good sense.

PY2NEA likes this.