ad: HamInsurance-1

Boy in the Balloon, Real or Hoax

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by N3XP, Oct 16, 2009.

?

Was the Colorado boy in the balloon a hoax

Poll closed Oct 23, 2009.
  1. Hoax, that launch video was stagged

32 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. Real, the video is the real deal

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

New survey ? Cool

I would call it, Hoax Publicity.

------------------------------------
    Ego trip, guys? Get off the high horse.

3. KX0Z

KX0Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw the launch video and what sounded like a countdown. If there was a countdown to launch, wouldn't the father make sure everyone was there to see the launch? Why would he launch if the whole family wasn't there. To me it seemed strange that his first reaction seem to be anger instead of concern the balloon had taken off. Just didn't seem right to me..

4. K5PO

K5PO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Although these people seem to want to be in the public eye, reports from neighbors and police were that the parents were genuinely afraid for the loss of their son. They are probably not good enough actors to fake that convincingly to police.

EDIT: I voted real, but the more I watch this the more it doesn't seem natural. Makes me second guess myself.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. KG4ZAR

KG4ZAR Ham Member QRZ Page

The whole deal just stinks of flagrant publicity mongering. I hope the local childrens advocate office monitors that family for a long time. The boys honest answers in interviews may put him in danger. His father sure looked pissed to me. Sure shot that chance at fame and fortune all to pieces.

6. K5PO

K5PO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fake Balloon Boy

Personally, i hope they remove the children from those so called parents and put them into a safer environment. The so called father and so called mother should be tried with the fullest extent of the law, the so called father is a thrill junkie and even if the so called mother didn't contribute allowed this so called father to endanger their children. He is like the Jon and Kate plus 8 where they exposed their children to any potential danger, parents are suppose to protect and nurture a sane environment. But today's parents are self absorbed with themselves and their selfish behaviors and should be punished not rewarded for their wreckless attitude. Okay the economy is difficult on families to survive but my parent's parents were not risky in their actions toward their children and hopefully the judge will see thru their lame excuse and throw the book at them with burying them deep under the jail property.

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Ham Member QRZ Page

Better start making more jokes about this family. For this is the best one I have seen about it so far.

[​IMG]

10. AVAIBIA09

AVAIBIA09 QRZ Member

Boy in the Balloon Real or Hoax

I was glad to help. And I am very sorry, you have not taken the second prize.
    I wish you goodluck in the next competitions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.