ad: Sussex-1

Bob Heil announces new ownership

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8MCN, Feb 7, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He will stay on as Founder and CEO "Emeritus" Good Luck Bob!! https://heilhamradio.com/heil-sound...l1JiqH7VQeaDeMNqSdFf_XttXGv3cKeL-KahvbG3_7stU

new owner.jpg

Heil Sound, the Fairview Heights, Illinois-based manufacturer of professional microphones, has announced the successful transfer of ownership from Bob and Sarah Heil to current President and CEO, Ash Levitt, and Director of Operations, Steve Warford. Sarah Heil has retired, but Bob will continue to do outreach work and product design within the amateur radio space under the title Founder and CEO Emeritus.

When discussing the transition, Heil said, “My life has been about achieving great sound, whether on the concert stage or in the amateur radio world. I’ve watched Heil Sound go from a regional sound company to a world-class microphone manufacturer. This company has been my passion but it is time for me to step aside. There is no better team to carry the company forward than Ash and Steve, and I have the utmost confidence in them.”

Both Levitt and Warford started working with Heil Sound as teenagers building and packaging products. Levitt took a different career path in academia for a number of years but continued to regularly consult with Heil Sound during that time. Levitt returned to Heil Sound full-time in 2017 and assumed the role of president in 2020. Warford worked his way up in the company during his tenure and has been responsible for daily operations for the past several years.

“Steve and I are honored to carry forward the legacy of Heil Sound,” Levitt responded. “We care very deeply about Heil Sound’s role in the industry and intend to build on that going forward with new products and greater distribution. An important part of that role that we pride ourselves on is the connection we have with professionals and end-users. As a musician and former broadcaster, I have spent a lot of time on stages and in studios in front of a microphone and understand our users’ needs. I and everyone at Heil Sound share a passion for what we do because it helps others achieve their creative endeavors.”

K9CTB, KG5HCJ, K7IWW and 41 others like this.
  2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best wishes to the new owners and operators. It's good to see the Heil company continuing.

K7IWW, K5OHM, W8KIC and 12 others like this.
  3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess they didn't mention Ash Levitt is a ham, KD9JQS.

Glad to see the company will keep going!

K7IWW, N2AMM, K5OHM and 12 others like this.
  4. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to see that it will pass down to old employees with a long history with the company. Nothing worse then being sold to outside interests. Sounds like a good succession.

K9CTB, K7IWW, W7XLR and 19 others like this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob's a neat guy. I always have a chat with him at Dayton. I hope it actually happens this year.

K7IWW, KC0GAN, N5NSN and 2 others like this.
  6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

His stories about tuning pipe organs are pretty amazing. Incredible physics involved in those wee beasties.

K7IWW, KC0GAN, AK5B and 1 other person like this.
  7. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. Bob is just good people.

K7IWW, W8KIC, W4KVW and 4 others like this.
  8. KX2T

KX2T Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish these guys luck but we will see if they have Bob's level of expertise with there customers like Bob has always had or will they go the cooperate way .

K7IWW, K5UY, W2CPD and 3 others like this.
  9. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A real pioneer and icon, thank you Bob!

K7IWW, W4GAF, W8KIC and 2 others like this.
  10. K4OSO

K4OSO Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe now the build quality of Heil headphones will improve.

W7XLR, KA0GOA, KC0PUN and 10 others like this.
  11. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps even sever the Chinese build?

W1SRR, W7XLR, W4HMB and 5 others like this.
  12. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

13. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

Are there quality problems with modern Heil headsets and other products? Are some of them actually built in China?

I like Mr. Heil and his company, but I'll admit I run Koss 4-AA headphones, which seem to still be built in the USA. Which really can't be beat when I'm doing video gates of radio and have to isolate the sound.

WA1JVV, K7IWW and KD8QBW like this.
  14. W4DAX

W4DAX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is one of the finest companies I deal with concerning Amateur Radio equipment. Hope the quality remains.

K7IWW, W4ABC, K8MCN and 1 other person like this.
  15. KE0VFO

KE0VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats to Bob in this transition of life! When I first got my ticket and was an avid listener of some tech podcasts he co-hosted, I emailed Bob a question about a Heil microphone recommendation. Bob very quickly replied with a personal message of congrats to entering this amazing hobby and answered my question too. Thanks again and congrats!

K7IWW, W8KIC, N5NSN and 2 others like this.