Boatanchor Tailgater Middle Georgia W8JI

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, Aug 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Charles W8JI is planning on hosting a tailgater for boatanchor enthusiasts in middle Georgia in the future. I have no other details. He is putting out feelers to see if there is enough interest to justify the effort.
    Please email Charles if you would like to attend. I will forward more information as it becomes available.

Thanks.

Flippit

W1TRY likes this.
  2. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably too far away for me. Tom used to be very active DXing on 160m CW but I haven't heard him in several years. I worked him a couple of times on 75m AM; he was running low power. He had some kind of disagreement and parted ways with the Topband Reflector where he used to be very active.

3. KA4KOE

I worked him on CW back in the early 2000s. He had a hammering signal and a good fist.

4. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom has been more hod rods than boat anchors for the last while :)

K0UO likes this.
  5. KA4KOE

Email Tom if you are going W8JI.

6. KA4KOE

NEWS: To be held at W8JI's megastation. Date TBD.

7. KA4KOE

Location: W8JI's station. Destructions are on QRZ. Date: Oct 19th with Oct 26th as a rain date. Bring a covered dish and beverages if you like. Festivities start at 0900 and finish before sundown. RSVP Tom please at w8ji at w8ji dot com.

8. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested, as is one of my colleagues. I emailed as suggested. This could be lots of fun, meeting everyone and sharing tales.

9. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

He was at one time a vy successful factory sponsored drag racer for AMC...

10. W8KHK

W8KHK Ham Member QRZ Page

AMC made great cars. I had a 1965 Ambassador 660, then a 1968 Ambassador 99o 2-door with a 343. That was a fun car!