ad: QSLWorks-1

Bluetooth Programming For Some HT's

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

I *think* this product is more geared toward people with a fleet of radios to program identically, maybe in the fiend or elsewhere that a PC or laptop might be cumbersome.
    You won't catch me saying it isn't a fix looking for a problem, but maybe this thing is a godsend somehow, to all eight people in the world who need it.

K4RZM, M1WML and W5CJA like this.
  2. N9BSV

N9BSV Ham Member QRZ Page

They did, they ran out.

M1WML likes this.
  3. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Daily routine:

Charge your HT.
    Charge your phone.
    Charge your programming cable.

4. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I suppose there is a generic RS232 (actually TTL) via Bluetoothâ„¢ inside factory built plastic enclosure so everyone with 3D printer nearby could build their ones. IMO one who really needs an item like this would not pay much attention to appearance and could build something similar with generic enclosure and short piece of cable to an HT. Here I'm talking about all these eight people plus some HAMs, not mass-market.

KY4GD likes this.
  5. W7IVK

W7IVK Ham Member QRZ Page

The hardware is nothing. Anyone can configure a Sparkfun bluetooth module for UART. It is the app that is the intriguing thing here. The app is also the thing that they are having trouble with. This is the closest thing we have to CHIRP on a mobile platform.

The key point here should be pushing the development of "CHIRP for Android"

K4RZM, UT7UX and KY4GD like this.
  6. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like they are back in stock.

7. K5XOM

K5XOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I got one from Amazon a couple days ago. Price went up about $7.00.
    Things are not working though.
    After I went through the instruction to download iPhone APP and get the device paired to iPhone APP, With iPhone bluetooth turned ON and APP bluetooth turned ON and device connected, I get a read failure when trying to read from Baofeng UV82L. Tried many times, all failed.

8. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed that this would be grand, especially if it used BT.

In a perfectly idyllic, Leave it to Beaver HT world, we would have mobile Bluetooth Chirp with integrated DMR CPS. :)

9. K5XOM

My adapter doesn't work with my iphone ver 14.6. Anyone else have this version?

10. K5XOM

I tried accessing the radio from a older version iPhone 5s ver 12.5.2, still did not read the radio.
    The radio can be accessed via Baofeng USB cable and chirp software, so I know the radio plug connections are ok.
    I've been in contact with their support. Support person says their application may not work with UV82L yet it is listed in the models to choose from.
    My confidence in it and them is dwindling.

11. N9XCO

N9XCO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Went from July 24th to Aug/4th nothing heard about this device, can't seem to find one on the internet anywhere!
    I bought 1 from Amazon 2 weeks ago and it worked great, right out of the box, now can't seem to find one anywhere!
    What gives? It sure beats carrying a laptop and USB cable around.