ad: TinyPaddle-1

Bluegrass Pickers Net

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Stu writes "Quite a few of the known ham radio operator/bluegrass pickers, have shown keen initial interest in establishing an HF "pickers net" on a regular basis. Although this is in the planning stage now, I suspect this can be come very real, very quickly.

That said, if you have an interest in joining with us (no matter what bluegrass instrument you play), please let me know ASAP -and feel free to pass this Email along to anyone whom you think might also be interested.

Initially, I need to know your callsign and the type of radio equipment you have available to support such a net. Once received, I'll add the information to a master listing of known RF pickers -and then follow up with a comprehensive questionnaire which will be sent directly to you.

Pickin' is all they is...

Thanks,

Stu, K3GA

scruggsbanjo@aol.com"

2. W8MZB

W8MZB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well,Idon't know how a gang of pickers could get together,but it would be interesting to have a good pickin'session!My name is DON and I live in the Upper Peninsula of Mich.I am a Dobro* picker and Builder of resos.My radio gear consists of Globe King 500C,Globe King 400C Collins KWM2A ,75S1,32S1,75A1,75A2,32V3,and 3 home brew rigs in 6'racks.Been on the air since 1953.Good luck on your endeavors and will be watching and listening 73's DON W8MZB

3. KE4VRM

KE4VRM Guest

That sounds very interesting!! I would love to tune in and hear this. I don't play an instrument myself although I tried several years back to play the banjo but didn't have enough time to keep it up. I am a bluegrass fan and follow the music wherever I can find it. Please keep us posted if this deal works out - I want to listen in! If a e-mail list gets started please put me on it. My e-mail is jmartin@voy.net Thanks!

4. W4SE

W4SE Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont have HF privileges yet . But, Iam on the way . I am a bluegrass fan and would like to listen in on this net until I get the HF privileges . Please keep me informed . 73's, Sam kg4heb@psknet.com

5. KE4VRM

KE4VRM Guest

Lonny - I guess since you have no interest in this net, then nobody else should either?? Comments like yours is what is wrong with this world. There are other people in this world besides you! Always the ME ME ME crowd! Disgusting! Have you ever thought about tuning to another frequency if you don't like what is going on on one particular frequency? I guess the Rv'ers net and the RC fliers net should be cancelled because you don't like to listen to them huh? Good luck to you - you will need it.

6. N1KWW

N1KWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Name is Fred Hogaboom and play bluegrass guitar. Still in beginner stage but enjoy it very much. Keep me posted about events and would like to meet others of same interest.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I am in the process of upgrading to General Class. And being a Banjo Picker I would be very interested in joining this net.

8. KB2OCW

KB2OCW Ham Member QRZ Page

I play a B40 Martin Nass,D28 flattop,Sing and play country,bluegrassin,Albert Hall in Waretown,N.J.

9. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good to see Albert Music Hall mentioned on QRZ.com! ___

May as well give a URL: ___

http://www.alberthall.org ___

I'll be listening this Saturday on 14.282 at 11 AM(Eastern) for the net! ___

73 de WR2E

10. KB2OCW

KB2OCW Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a shame that you don't open up your heart and your mind for some of the good things in life. If other people have a joint interest
    it should be used.This is a hobby enjoyed by
    many for a lot of reason's.Thank You and 73's
    Don kb2ocw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.