BLF 574 on ebay

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by ZL2WHO, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. ZL2WHO

ZL2WHO Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HOLY MACKERAL those are expensive ICs!!! What in the world makes them so pricey?!!!

Also notice they show3 diffrerent package styles in the pic. thats strange! From HONG KONG.

3. ZL2WHO

I love my cat too..:) Note that the pic of the ics is not the actual divices for sale. The normal price for this LDMOS RF device is around 3 times this price.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I went thru their list and that is by FAR the most expensive IC they sell!! most are affordable around 3 or 4 bucks. they have some ICs that are pretty rare these days on there. MAybe I can find the IC I need for my Heathkit Radio that is UNOBTAINIUM these days. But wow, $66 for ONE IC! What isn the world does that IC do that make it worth that kind of money? And U say they are usually 3 times that!!! That is just insane!

5. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

it makes 500 watts into 50 ohms

6. WA9WVX

WA9WVX Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark,

There's something strange about the eBay Ad as it shows through the PC Board & Surface Mounted ICs which do not represent the BLF 574 RF LDMOSFet Device. Here's what a BLF 574 should appear like:

http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/nxp-(philips)/blf574-rf-power-transistor/1268/product

I'd sure question the seller and ask for bona fide photographs of the RF transistor he's trying to sell on his listing. These could be manufactured in China for Less than the material cost. This was an old trick the Japanese did to corner our Television and Stereo Business back in the 1960s and 1970s, and once all of the USA manufactures went out of business, the Japanese raised the prices to what they should have been during those original years. I think the term is, eBay ... Buyer Beware.

Dan
    WA9WVX

7. ZL2WHO

Thanks Dan. One other term is " if its too good to be true then it probably isn't. ".
    WA6SIX note that the picture is a generic picture they have used for other items also.
    I have seen the big brother BLF578 for $500 which is ott but these RF devices are expensive.
    Typically high power LDMOS is in the 200 US range, so at 66 its a good price providing it actually does as its supposed to. 73 Mark.

8. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't get them on E-Bay...
    They could be counterfeit.

9. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Maybe when it arrives it looks like this
    SID.jpeg

10. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.