ad: elecraft

Blackmail on CQ WW Contest Comittee

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4L5A, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Law need to be same for everyone and not different for HK3CQ and different to YL2KL,RA3CO
    Rob check I send you private message via qrz.com and propably that will open for you something
    Why you pushing to DQ YL2KL and RA3CO?
    Why HK3CQ is not following own country rules?
    Why you not talking about responsibility of station owners?
    Its looks for me that HK3CQ and HK1AR is didnt know
    the rules before and only now find it out?
    HK3CQ is didnt complain about YL2KL operation for 3 years and he is involved in that and have correspondance with YL2KL and even give him some offers
    I think that need to be fixed in ham spirit and not a way
    when you starting to blackmail CQ WW CC
    73 Al 4L5A

2. 4L5A

I send private message to Rob HK3CW in which I show him clearly that another well known Colombian amateur is involve in that
    I show him correspondance and one of the email is say that HK3RA is happy to allow RA3CO to use his call in the contest
    Its looks like people is dont know their own law
    Dear Rob tell me PLEASE
    1.operation of W4OI from HK3CQ qth with call sign 5K5Z is legal or not?
    2.When owner of the station is allowing anybody to use his call or another person call he responsible for that or not

Im happy to see that you going to activize San Andres Island in CQ WW 160M Contest
    I think its possible that first time that country will be active in CQ WW 160
    GREAT!!!!
    I hope 5K0CW is club call sign and not your private call otherwise K5UO and WF5W can be in trouble
    Lets hope not
    Like we all know PTT is usually listen to radiamateur league why you not ask your local PTT to allow guest operators?

73 Al 4L5A

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. WB4CW

WB4CW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hijacking?

I think we should take a cue from the Columbian authorities and ban hijacking - or renting of others' stations by anyone, anywhere. This would put contesting on a much more level footing for all. The Russian did nothing more than any of the Caribbean flyaway (Cinderella station) contesters do each major contest.

Good for the Columbians.

4. AA7V

AA7V Ham Member QRZ Page

hey 'ROA

Dont lump us contest travelers who:
    - follow the rules
    - apply for and wait 6 months for a license
    - lug a bunch a stuff through multiple airports
    - pay stupid duties and bribes
    - fork over costs to rent a QTH and airfare
    - answer a bunch of QSL requests

with some lazy hams that dont think its required to get a real license.

So the next time you call me during the contest and I dont quite hear you, remember this Cinderella op.
    de KN5H

5. HK3CW

HK3CW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not received anything and I don't see why somebody has to send me private messages to "clearly" demonstrate anything that hasn't already been said or demonstrated in this forum..why a private email..is there something to hide?
    HK3RA is not a happy camper and anyone who says the contrary is lying his pants off. Jesus! The guy didn't even know until we found out! That the hell are you saying? Why are you accusing HK3CQ for an illegal operation?
    Again lets stick to the facts and not invent what you would like. 5K5Z was an operation that Tony Rogozinski (w4OI) did from the farm of HK3CQ. Hk3CQ did not rent his place and never has. We had all just met Tony a few weeks back and he asked for a place to operate a contest, HK3CQ lent him his shack outside of Bogota in his farm, without any payment. I personally went to check on this operation with HK3CQ to see how it was going and we saw that Mr. Rogozinski was using a call that was not supposed to, 5k5Z-- 5k is alright but he used 5k5 and he should have used 5K3...it was strange to us and we confronted him about it and using the "gringo" card said that is what the ministry had allotted him. A big lie as the Ministry does not allot callsigns to the wrong district area of Colombia. That was our first encounter with this guy, who deceived HK3CQ and even broke a window and did other inappropriate things in HK3CQ' farm. That was our first brush with Tony's antics and since that operation he got a place outside of Bogota, rents it for a ridiculous amount of money and says he will not be in charge of callsigns. I personally helped two operations to get licenses to operate from Tony's other place in Cartagena (hk1), since then I have not helped anybody else get licenses since his ex-wife took away his property from him and because of his lack of morale. Key collectors who know him well have denounced and unmasked this guy for years! Did you know Tony has been blown off eBay for 34 times, for using deceiving practices, not paying for items or a number of illegal acts on eBay? This guy is a class act! When he came to Colombia we all accepted him and tried to help him in all ways possible...being fellow ham..

Now lets not be fast in blowing whistles on someone you don't even know. I know for a fact everything that happened and know Hk3CQ..a dear friend, respected Dxer and honest person. Respect the guy for doing what he did, not throw stones at him for trying the keep our hobby honest.

6. HK3CW

We have not even begun the operation and you are already accusing us of not using a proper call? Who says we have to use a club callsign? Where did this guy come from? I have nothing to prove to you. What are these uncanny accusations, you are delusional and are fast to shoot bullets to whoever is around, get another person not me...first you accuse HK3CQ of what ever you like and now you accuse me ... and I have not even started operating yet!! What a jerk!

7. 4L5A

Rob I just ask you and if you dont like to answer the question then that mean 5K0CW is not club callsign also
    I dont have anything against anybody but you know if we
    talking about law then law need to be same for everyone
    and propably that will be best if you HK amateurs will ask
    PTT to allow guest operators to use HK call signs
    I dont see any answer from you also on my email which I send to you here via qrz.com
    You dont have anything to say?
    You comeup here specially to support HK3CQ and LU1DZ?
    Then approve atleast that what they are do is right
    I give you so many examples and you cant answer any of my question
    You need to remember that not only you can write letters
    to Ministry of Communication of Colombia but we can do the same
    You dont think its better to stop attack on RA3CO and YL2KL because they are dont do anything different to what you and HK3CQ is do
    73 Al 4L5A
    PS Look on the top of the page you can see there is private message waiting for you
    There is copies of the letters which propably will give you chance to see how story is looks from another end
    Rob I just like that we all respect each other and listen to each other
    You dont like W4OI its up to you but you know again when we coming to any country we count our local friends like experts and if HK1AR is renting qth for so many years and no body of our Colombian friend say anything about that then everyone is think its legal
    Its not very ethic to start complain about pass operation and also if you will be able to check that private mail on qrz.com you will see there is letter where well known HK3 amateur is informing RA3CO that everything is agreed etc etc etc

8. 4L5A

Dear Rob,
    I understand you dont like what W4OI is do and you describe all the facts and for me is also looks not nice but also with another reason
    Rob if 5K5Z operate illegally from HK3CQ location and like we both see there is many mistakes in this operation then that will be great if you will announce rules of operation in HK but you know in the situation which we have today HK3CQ is asking to DQ RA3CO and YL2KL and those two guys is dont do anything wrong there is advertizement of renting qth and they are rent it and pay money for it
    I think only the mistake they are have they are trust info
    which they are get from local hamradio operators
    Why you asking to DQ operators whom somebody put in mistake?
    We all becoming nervouse and start complaing to each other etc etc
    You think its not better to finish that story with ham radio spirit to inform everyone how it need to be done in Colombia in the future and not blaim people for their trust to the local hams?
    I wish you GL in coming CQ WW 160m CW Contest and Im sure you will make lot of people very happy
    I dont remember HK0 active in CQ WW 160M contest
    73 Rob
    Al 4L5A

9. HK3CW

Just be legal!!

There is nothing strange that needs to be done when operating in Colombia...just be legal...These two guys knew it. Now on the YL..he sent me emails just a couple of weeks before he came to Colombia, for me to help him get a license. I told him it was impossible with such a short notice. That is all I ever knew of him again until we saw him operate as HK1/YL2KL! I told him he would be illegal and he never replied. I have all the emails to prove it! Now I sent the ARRL desk the information on this and called and spoke to them. They said the only thing they could do is deny his LOTW request...strangely YL2KL never requested LoTw for his illegal operation.

Now lets just cut to the chase and end this soap opera: if YL2KL or RA3CO show their licenses provided by the Ministry of Communications of Colombia, they will CLEARLY demonstrate they had permission to operate and that will shut our Colombian whistle-blowing mouths right?
    They will never do that because the NEVER even bothered to get a license, they though this was a banana republic that nobody would care or even hear the ham bands...they were so wrong and now are paying for it.
    Again if you still want to blame HK3CQ go for it..he and we all know the truth and will fight to the end even if half the ham community is against us! Why do we have to fight so much for people to be honest? Is this what ham radio has become?

10. 4L5A

Dear Rob,
    Thank you very much for your post
    Let me tell you something
    I dont count Colombia or any other country like banana country
    Thank you very much Im happy that you read my letter and you understand why I make it private
    I can tell you one things you can believe it or not RA3CO and YL2KL is didnt know its illegal to operate that way
    Its surpize for both of them and you see propably what
    Dmitriy RA3CO tell radio-sport
    I think their mistake is that they are trust another amateur and you see in situation with RA3CO he trust another amateur from Colombia who tell him that he have
    can use HK3RA call sign
    Of course license cant be issued verbally
    You know HK1RA/W4OI is charching money to operate from his station and if RA3CO or YL2KL will know in advance do you think they are rent that station?
    There is many other qths around which you can rent
    Both of them is not expect any problem and think its
    absolutely legal and thats only reason why they are operate
    You give us example about 5K5Z and you see how its go
    and thats create the problem and nothing is go out because that operation accepted and no one is hear about
    any kind of the problem
    I think when somebody rent the station he take first responsibility whats going on and if law of the country followed
    You know whats going to be happen if I will ask you Rob let me use your station and will start operate with call sign
    lets say 3Y0A you will stop me immediatly right?
    You know Rob those two amateurs YL2KL,RA3CO is both
    candidates also to parcipicate in WRTC 2010 and if Colombian radioamateurs will fight for their DQ and if make pressure on CQ WW CC to DQ them that will be not right with my opinion
    So many people is against Colombian law during that last year and I think reason of that is not knowing that
    I think responsibility of that is not primary of visitor
    its primary of contest station owner
    You know if somebody will visit me and say let me operate contest and will start operation with HK3CW call sign do you think I will allow him to do that?
    I send private letter to Juan HK3CQ quite long time ago
    and I ask him to fix that question with ham spirit way
    To use that mistakes ( which not only visitors but also locals do ) to prevent from similar situation in the future and thats it
    You know if you will see somebody going to operate from
    Colombia you can inform him that if he will dont have call sign its illegal
    Please dont create different rules for different people
    We will all appreciate that and I think we can allways find a way to show our respect to each other and support our radioamateur friendship
    73 Al 4L5A

11. HK3CQ

HK3CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is regrettable the manner reality has been distorted with the operation of RA3CO, Dimitri Kriukov and YL2KL, Girts Budis in Colombia during the CQWW DX past contests. This is all really very amusing to read the comments of people who venture to speculate, providing false accusations against me without even knowing the truth of the facts, coming to false conclusions, concluding about facts they don’t know and even adjusting the Colombian law to advocate for illegal operations. For this I do have to clarify the following:

- The complaint submitted to the Ministry of Communications of Colombia was not only signed by me, HK3CQ, but also by 20 other recognized and noted dxers and contesters in Colombia. We are not unknown or anonymous; we are active hams and knowledgable of Colombian ham regulations and international contests. Among others, our complaint was signed/endorsed by HK3W, HK3CW, HK6DOS, HK1X, HK6P, HK3O, HK3TU, HJ3LAO, HJ3MQ, HK3GXI, HK3PSA, HK3GAL, HK3LGO, HK3Q, HK4KDO, HK1KXA, HK3JCA, HJ3LAO and HJ3MQ besides HK7AJE as the President of the Federation of Ham Clubs in Colombia, FRACOL (for its Spanish acronym), the national association which groups the largest number of hams in the country. Some of those who endorsed the complaint are not even members of FRACOL, I mention this as it has been said that the signatures had been wrongfully acquired, when on the contrary it was a spontaneous, conscientious and independent action. From the date the complaint was filed to the Ministry, many other Colombian hams have expressed their support and today, without a doubt, many others would additionally endorse the complaint.

- 4L5A and LU5DX have tried to diminish the accusations against RA3CO and YL2KL throwing dirt at HK3CQ with false and ridiculous accusations. Remember that not only HK3CQ has complained, in defense of the dignity and honesty of ham radio in Colombia but a number of other Colombian hams have endorsed this action, as many other hams from different parts of the world. Now 4L5A and LU5DX would have to fabricate more lies against all the signees and the facts would still be the same, RA3CO and YL2KL violated Colombian ham regulations and the rules of the CQWW DX operating without a license and operating using a lent call, expressly prohibited by our ham legislation, where guest operators are also prohibited. Section 9 of Article 76 of Decree 2058 of 1995, of the Colombian Ham regulations; specify that the holder of a ham license in Colombia “cannot allow the use of their call sign to any other person”. Article 16 of the same Decree reads: “To be able to operate as a ham radio operator, a license must be obtained from the Ministry of Communications, previously having approved the requirements indicated in this Decree”. Therefore, the accused did not file for a license, they simply and abusively took the call signs of other hams; RA3CO did it twice, in 2007 and 2008, knowingly. Maybe HK1RA did lend his call (he has also been included in our complaint) but HK3RA, Wolfgang Torres, never lent his call and was never even requested to do so.

- Evidently I HK3CQ, sent the information to K3EST advising about the abnormality and requesting DQ. It was the least I could do, being the CQ checkpoint for Colombia, besides all who signed the letter knew about this. Therefore the actions have not been solely on my part, nor have they been secret, everything has been public, transparent and in writing for everybody to see.

- The aforementioned means that I never violated the good faith principle. On the contrary, who violated the code were the unfortunate hams that took a risk, operating illegally knowingly, but looked the other way, thinking they wouldn’t get caught, deceiving the ham community worldwide. The CQWW contest committee was also deceived as logs were sent, knowing they had acted illegally.

- It would be very interesting that LU5DX unveiled the names of the Colombian hams that according to him did not endorse our complaints. This is not a poll or a probe for opinions, where the majority wins. This is about the truth and the law, all so simple. It would be amusing to know the calls of the HK’s that LU5DX says he contacted and they, if they exist, have no legal bearing and even less ham ethics or plain ethics for that matter. These hams should then promote changes in our legislation to change into legal what today is illegal, promoting self assignment of call signs, no licensing and radio anarchy. Sounds great doesn’t it?

- Also it was said that why did we not act before. If it weren’t for the operation of RA3CO it would all be still unknown, but due to his overwhelming hunger for another win, he decided to cross the line again (2008) and shoot for the stars the second time, if he wasn’t caught the first time why would he the second? We discovered the illegal operation of 2007 by looking at the results of the CQWW of 2007, where it clearly specifies that he operated as HK1AR. From this some local hams became suspicious and knowing that behind all this was HK1AR (W4OI) further research was performed finding the rest of the irregularities we listed in our complaint to the Ministry of Com. We are not professional PI’s to investigate the legality of every HK call on the airwaves but this came about because we heard the call HK3RA being used before and during the contest from somebody on CW, knowing that the legal owner of the call, Wolfgang Torres, is not a contester and does not know the code. We asked him directly and found the string that led us to the whole story behind that call and others in years prior. Simple story!

- The tale that HK3CQ created the story so he could rent his station is despicable! I have never rented my place and never will. Fortunately I live from my work as an economist, and PhD in history; I work in one of the most prestigious universities of my country, and an advisor and consultant and have the honor of being the VP of the Colombian Academy of History, without deepening further into my résumé. Therefore, I do not need to rent my ham shack. This lie was likely made-up by Anthony Rogozinsky HK1AR (W4OR) to discredit me, misinform and conceal his illegal operations. The facts are simple: A few years back when Mr. Rogozinsky came to Colombia, when I and others did not know of his antics, I lent (not rent) my ham station in my farm. From there he operated as 5K5Z, I traveled with HK3CW to check on him and ask him why he was operating as 5K5 when he should have operated as 5K3. He said it had been a mistake from the Ministry of Communications. At least on that occasion he did file for a legal license. The “mistake” … I never believed in, the ministry is very cautious with the paperwork and mistakes are corrected before any operation. Once Alberto Silva, LU1DZ, asked me for a QTH to rent to operate from Colombia and I provided Mr. Rogozinsky’s place in Cartagena, sending him the link. I never said I rented a place, I just told him of that place, the only one I knew of at the time. Later and slowly I and other Colombian hams began to understand the type of person Mr. Rogozinsky really was and began to distance ourselves from him. We also later knew of his EBay scams (he has had more than 34 eBay names and has been kicked off 33 times!). Now he resurfaces with false accusations to stand up for his illegal actions.

- If any ham decided to travel to Russia, Georgia or Argentina for a CQWW contest and use RA3CO, 4L5A or LU5DX or any other invented call, without any regard to local ham regulations, what would be the reaction of the impersonated hams? Would they disqualify them? Well this is the case, here and it is totally incomprehensible for us that some out there are pretending to justify these illegal operations, absolutely incredible!

- It is absurd to think that because the CQWW contest committee has not DQ’d anybody we are promoting a boycott against them, we are not as dumb as you think we are. This issue has other connotations and we trust that the contest committee will value our complaints and take the appropriate decisions. We will continue to participate and enjoy contests from Colombia, but we will not turn our heads to illegal operations, this is our land and it deserves respect.

- CQ has requested a formal response from the Ministry of Communications of Colombia. If this has not been submitted yet, it is because they have not taken any actions yet, it is not because they have denied our complaints, this issue is taken very seriously in Colombia and the Ministry does not act without taking the appropriate and legal actions against ham operators without making it’s own investigations. For you who still after all our research and evidence still do not believe our findings, just ask RA3CO and YL2KL for their legal operating license in Colombia, anybody who has operated legally from Colombia in the past will surely provide their license. We requested this to the CQWW contest committee more than a month ago. Will we ever see a legal license from Colombia from any of these two “hams”? I believe not!

12. 4L5A

Juan why you pushing those two hams all the time?
    Why you forgetting about responsibility of station owner
    If like Rob say 5K5Z operation was illegal then you like owner of your station is also responsible for that
    Again I present to Rob letters from Colombian radioamateurs and I have also another letters saying that
    visitor can use local amateur callsign
    I send to Rob also letter from another amateur saying that HK3RA is agree that RA3CO use his call sign etc etc etc
    There is so many information
    Im just saying that law need to be same for everyone and responsibility of station owner need to be there
    Asking to DQ people who is trust Colombian amateurs is not right
    About renting your qth I get information from LU1DZ message and propably W4OI is do that specially to distroy your name I dont know about that I just show the link and propably like member of GACW you have to see that also and there is no word about licensing
    Its very clear for me that some Colombians amateurs get YL2KL,RA3CO to make mistake and also take money for it and now other Colombian amateurs trying to make actions against them
    73 Al 4L5A

13. HK3CQ

HK3CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Please no more lies!

We don't forget responsibility of station owner. All is in our formal complaint to the Ministry.
    One more time: No guest operator in HK and the real HK3RA never agree the ilegal use of his call, RA3CO used it without the knowledge of the license holder. Read my post. Please no more lies!

14. HK3CW

Can't you read? Who is profiting? Now don't make it about poor RA3CO or poor YL2KL, they knew what they were doing, what they didn't expect is for us to investigate how real they were...they got caught as simple as that. The explanation is there and I explained the whole situation to you clearly and you insist in calling us dishonest and trying to discredit me and other HKs. FYI, it's not working, we have all the proof in hand of the PTT and soon enough they have their say we will let the ham community know. In the meantime your blabber fits no reason, your speculation is only that and you uncanny reasoning is highly suspicious.

15. 4L5A

Rob you telling us now that YL2KL and RA3CO is know in advance that they are against local law?
    I give you email where locals is tell them (not local Latvians or Russian but Colombians) that they are can use that calls
    You see that message right?
    Who is think against law locals telling them and allowing them to use that calls or foreigners who is trust locals?
    73 Al 4L5A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.