ad: elecraft

Birmingham Amateur Radio Club Kid's Net

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Rebekah,
    Sorry I haven't commented earlier; I doubt I'll be able to actually check into your VHF net from California. But I want to praise your effort for running the net in your area.
    You are to be commended, and I look forward to contacting you one of these days from W6RO aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. The propagation is improving on a daily basis, so I know we will make contact soon.
    Until then, keep up the good work! I'm proud of you.

73, Larry WA9SVD

2. N2COP

N2COP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi.  Bill, N2COP, here in Wilmington, NC.  We too began a 2 meter Youth Net on Friday nights at 9[​IMG]0 PM on 147.18.  The sponsoring club is the Azalea Coast Amateur Radio Club.  We set it up because an energetic teacher, Bill, N2WG, held a radio summer camp and over the past two years has helped almost 25 kids get their Tech license.  We kept hearing from our new young members that they felt self-conscious about checking into established nets, so the new youth net is designed to let new hams ease into net operations.  
    We're in our 2nd week and have had 14 check-ins both weeks.  The kids talk about school, sports and other hobbies.  N2WG and I are encouraging kids to rotate net control operator.  We're also sponsoring a contest to name the net.  Local adult hams have been generous in loaning HTs to help get kids on the air who don't yet have a radio.  We'll keep you posted.
    Bill N2COP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.