ad: elecraft

Biography not displayed

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by DB4UP, Apr 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. DB4UP

DB4UP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello !

I can't see any biography, though number of bytes indicates, that it's present. If I enter the edit mode I can at see at leat my own. Anyone else with that problem ? Trying reload doesn't fix it.

73 de Christoph

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

in present time all bio display on my screen. You still have same problem?

3. DB4UP

Tried the usual tricks, like delete cache, cookies, etc., updated Opera, but I just see: "7873071 Last modified: 2017-02-02 15:32:18, 61773 bytes".
    I should also mention, that the biography on QRZ is the only troblemaker. No matter which station I chose.

Edit: Regarding the timestamp, I posted my question the day before. Seems, that there is something going on with the database...

4. KI7TFX

KI7TFX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same problem when using an Opera browser. No problem with Microsoft Edge.

5. DL2LFH

DL2LFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Biographies show in Firefox on Linux, but not on Firefox on Windows 10. Haven't tested other combinations. Maybe some problem with the Javascript implementation?

73, Martin

6. VK6GC

VK6GC Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here today. Just been updating some site passwords and testing my logins!
    No ones Bios are displaying anymore.
    I have been using Windows 10 and Google Chrome for years and never had this before!
    I can edit my Bio no problems but it's just not showing on the main page.
    Update:
    Surely it has to be a change with QRZ.com as I have just checked it on my laptop and it's the same. ie no Bio displayed.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    KH6WG likes this.
  7. KH6WG

KH6WG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I may be having the same problem suddenly. It was fine this past weekend. The BIO page exists. I've been looking for a button that enables or disables it but can't find it. I tested with other browsers and they work fine. I use Chrome and have used it for years. I disabled Ad Blocker for the QRZ domain and it appears to be working now. For me anyways. Aloha

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  8. ZL2XT

ZL2XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here, no bios shown.

Michael - ZL2XT

9. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's because there's nothing on your bio. Shows 0 bytes. I can see everyone else's bios, using Chrome on a Windows 10 box.

10. DB4UP

Good hint ! It's very likely the Opera adblocker. Seems it has gone wild after all those years... ;-)

73 de Christoph

11. ZL2XT

Err no, you think I'd be using QRZ to lookup my own callsign? no I know all about myself.
    The problem is if I make a lookup on a station I work, shows the bytes and last editied date, but no bio.

Michael - ZL2XT

12. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of the other posters said they couldn't see their own bio. Your short message is unclear. Your response indicates you would prefer that others could read your mind and if they can't, you get snarky. Good luck getting help from anyone else.

13. ZL2XT

I don't see anyone saying that they can see other bios and not their own, I'm not being snarky, I just expect people to bring a level of commonsense to the table, I don't expect anyone to read my mind, however it would be helpful if they could atleast read the messages in the thread and not jump to their own conclusions.

"Good luck getting help from anyone else." I don't expect help nor am I seeking it, I am merely confirming that the issue still exists and has not been resolved.

Michael - ZL2XT

14. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same problem with Firefox/Windows 10.

I checked my AdBlock Plus app and discovered that it failed to automatically update the ABP filters and the Easy List. (Settings -> Advanced -> Filter Lists)

I initiated a manual update for those items and the biographies reappeared immediately.

73 -- Chip

15. QRZFAN2

QRZFAN2 QRZ Member

No biography displayed on any callsign here either on chromebook with chrome browser. Ad-block turned off. Manual update of ABP filters and still no change, bummer.:(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021