biography edit only in html - no change in "visual mode" possible (...icons, buttons)

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by DL4TD, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DL4TD

DL4TD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I have a problem. I want to change my biography but I only can see the html source code but no icon-controlled window when clicking the "biography" icon. I can NOT edit my biography in "visual" mode with e.g. icons etc (like picture QRZ_4). I only can see the html code (like picture QRZ_3), ....and nothing else. Java is activated. Firefox was updated to version 12.0, but there was no change ...except that Firefox now is much slower.
    Note: I can see that there are NO black points left beside the icon e.g. for "biography edit". Please help me!!!
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards Thomas,
    vy73 DL4TD

Attached Files:

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In my end all shown perfect
    DL4TD_1.jpg

DL4TD_2.jpg

Try once more . I am also use FireFox 29.0.1

3. KU4GW

KU4GW Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you solved your edit problem? In the Edit Bio, Pics section where you see that html code there used to be a button/icon near the top left, amongst many others, that you could click to change it. When you moused over the icon it would say "Source" in a small pop up bubble window. That's how I've changed mine back and forth before. I guess java is good on the new QRZ since the update, I'm not sure. Better read the forum about using java because I tried to install a java countdown timer clock's code that was on the countdown to the 2013 Dayton Hamvention website because I was overly excited that I was finally getting to attend one after almost 18 years in the hobby and when I saved my profile page after pasting that code in for the countdown timer I lost my entire profile that I'd worked on for years! I think I'll stick to html code until I read up some more on the newer QRZ, very recent update! Oh yeah, my Firefox updated this week to version 29.0.1 and too my absolute amazement it is loading websites 1 second faster than Google Chrome version 35.0.1916.114 m. I can barely believe it, but I'm using Firefox again! Good luck!

4. DL4TD

DL4TD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi KU4GW and hi W7/UA6JD,
    I tried it again with the very newest version of firefox but it doesn't work. I can't see such icons in my window (see following picture) which I can see in your window. When this window is build up then I think that I can see a very very short time these icons but it is too short to be able to see it (it "blinks" only and then it disapears). So I'm not able to switch the "SOURCE" button.

QRZ_5_no-icons.jpg

(By the way ...I tried already to update java and I tried this noted "UTF-8"-option)
    I olso wonder why there are not black dots beside my "EDIT-BIO"-button, ....see following picture:

QRZ_6_no-black-dot.jpg

It still doesn't work.
    vy73 Thomas, DL4TD

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.