Bio page - spontaneous (?) formatting issues and what not

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N9IJS, Dec 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9IJS

N9IJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, my QRZ page might be a little more "involved" than others - I probably tweak it more than Facebook and what not. https://www.qrz.com/db/N9IJS

Pretty frequently while editing, I'll notice weird stuff that changed for no particular reason. Chunks of text missing, links from/to photos either corrupted or otherwise modified at the css level (just found one where an extra piece of code "self-inserted" hiding the cursor while hovering over a linked photo - I can't even imagine how that happened), one time an entire set of nested tables disappeared while viewing after saving.

Not the biggest deal in the world of course -- It saves viewable backups, so whatever disappears is pretty easy to replace. But I'm just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or (???).

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ is keeping you off of Facebook, That is a good thing. :D

Internet problems seem to be my problem when a edit goes bad. Sometimes waiting before saving helps, To make sure everything gets uploaded.

Have Fun. Happy Holidays.

3. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sort of. I made a minor edit a few days ago and a bit of text disappeared. I got it back. :)

I usually use the HTML editor and not the WYSIWYG editor as it seems to do some weird things to the code on occasion. I just go to the HTML editor and copy it out and edit it externally and then paste it all back in.

N9IJS likes this.