Billy Goat Antenna Mounts Website up! (Hitch Mount)

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N6NED, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6NED

N6NED Ham Member QRZ Page

Well its a good thing I dont build these mounts like I do websites. The sites a little rough because i did it myself, but it will improve with time. Check it out, all feed back is welcomed.

WWW.BILLYGOATANTENNAMOUNTS.COM

2512292oyh8x36src.gif

2. KC9JCH

KC9JCH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

1+
    I bought a tech mount to take to scout camp. Shipping was quick, well packed and really nice workmanship. Can highly recommend
    KC9JCH

3. N6NED

Im glad your happy with the mount Tim! Thanks.
    Heres a look at the W5BIB custom RV mount with multiple holes to adjust the length to clear a spare tire.
    007.jpg

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

...Dave. Thanks so much for the extra consideration to add some 'pin holes' for me. Now, when I park & take the 'pole / antenna' off... I can slide the mount back up into the 'receiver' & thus maybe avoid 'piercing' someones radiator!!! ...I'm extremely satisfied. ...You'd better apply for a patent or copyright 'fore someone else does...:eek: tks :)

5. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

If the moderators will permit me to say this here...

It looks to me like you offer a very good product. But you need better quality photos of them on your site in order to get that across to others.

A little friendly advice: put some hi-res images like this on your web site. (send me a PM if you need help.) I didn't see any there.

I make my living on the Internet. (So far, I don't sell anything ham radio related, but that may change.) If I may offer some advice, there are four things that sell products:

information,
    Information,
    Information,
    Information,
    and quality, hi-res images of your products. :)

Photoshop (and the free GIMP) are your friends.

6. W5BIB

What the hey!? Hey? How much more information does one need? I mean,... It's a antenna mount that slides UP YOUR.. hitch receiver!! (Pictures are kinda' self-explanatory.) ...But maybe they could have been taken with a 'Red Velvet' background, or,... 'White Satan'... (just a brain fart)..... Heck,... In a few weeks, he'll probably be employing 3 or 4 people to keep up with demand. He'll come up with something for 'truckers' and make millions or 5. I told him, ...he needs a nice 'stick-on' with his phone # visible without being gaudy.

7. N6NED

LOL! You guys are crackin me up! I know I need some better photos. Im going to work on that this weekend. To be totally honest, I was so excited about getting the site up I just kinda winged it and posted what I had. The site will be updated weekly at least. I have been pretty busy lately working about 1.5 hrs away from home, so rushing home to ship off mounts and still make time to be Dad to 3 Beautiful kids. Believe it or not Steve, I havnt sold that many of these. I probibly have gotten 50 e-mails asking where to send the money and only 10 maybe followed through...So We'll see how much the site helps. Ive been lookin to place some banner ads on a few sites also to get more people going to the site. Either way everyone here is awesome and I love all the help and feed back (good or bad) Thank you and keep it coming.

8. W5BIB

...Good things come to those that are deserving. Don't pay no attention to Mike (BTU) !!! He's just jealous 'cause he didn't think of it first!!:p BTW; Excellent Craftsmanship!!! :) Oh!! another BTW; Don't spend any money on shipping!!! Just tie a tag around it somewhere & Truck it (ups / FedEx) It doesn't need to be 'wrapped'!!! Damn, it's a piece of steel!!! (You advertise it as "non-painted") sooo... ya don't have to worry about the product arriving 'scratched' or anything...:p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  9. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds good. All our e-commerce web sites started out that way. :)

The reason I mentioned more information is what our customers have told us over and over again: 'I bought yours instead of theirs because there was so much information on your site'.

You're off to a good start.

10. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Need help with pictures? I'm a long-time photographer and local to you. If you're interested give me a shout...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.