ad: Alphaant-1

Bill LEAHY, K0ZL of B&B Technical Services SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K6AER, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W0MTZ

W0MTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

k0zl RIP Dear Friend

Bill, I did not get the chance to say good bye in person, But I do want you to know I really thank God for putting you in my path, you and Bonnie both treated me very kindly and in fact even made me as part of the family. Cousin Bill you will always be in our heart and in our mind, Thank you for showing, and teaching us so much. Not only where you a great radio tech. you where a dear friend to many many people from all over the globe. 73 my friend GOD BLESS, WE WILL SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN IN PARADISE.
    Prayer for Bonnie, and the rest of the FAMILY. :(

2. KD8GEH

KD8GEH Ham Member QRZ Page

A great guy

Never actually talked to Bill, but many many postings with him on the Yahoo groups for Kenwood. His kindness and Elmering has helped me repair many a radio on my own. I try be as kind to others in the hobby and pass on knowledge to others as freely as he did for me.

73 and rest well my friend,
    KD8GEH Dave

3. ZL4AI

ZL4AI Ham Member QRZ Page

the world will miss Bill's brillant contribution!

So sorry to hear when one of the great contributors to this world has misfortune.
    Bill did contribute something very signnificant to the development of the TS-940 [cooling + others], and the world will miss his brillant contribution!

Have read so many valuable contributions by Bill. We have a lot to thank him for.

Jeff King ZL4AI: Author of TS-940 page

4. WE5GNF

WE5GNF Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad, a great loss

I had spoken to Bill once about a technical problem with a rig I had. He was very friendly and gave me the information I needed. No strings attached. I am so sorry for the loss of this fine gentleman. I will pray for his wife and family in this time of sorrow. May Bill rest in peace.
    73 Bill.....

5. K0COM

K0COM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Exceptional Ham

We just had Bill and his wife Bonnie attend our last Mile High DX Association meeting to show members the SPE amplifier. Bill's ability to lead all of us through the finer details of the unit was exceptional. Very rarely have I met someone with such a high level of technical knowledge and experience to have the ability to communicate so effectively with hams at all levels.

My favorite QSO with Bill was on FM simplex while I was at the top of Pikes Peak with my HT. I made a CQ on .52 simplex and Bill came right back to me from his QTH in Lakewood. Thrilled me to no end.

My thoughts and prays are with his family.

M. Sell
    K0COM
    Denver

6. DJ0QN/SK2023

DJ0QN/SK2023 QRZ Lifetime Member #99 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

K0ZL

I too am shocked to hear the news on Bill. I recently exchanged a few e-mails with Bill, and we were planning to get together in Dayton to finally meet in person.

Bill was a fine man, a gentleman and first class ham.

Mitch DJ0QN

7. N0VK

N0VK Ham Member QRZ Page

Info: Bill's viewing will be Tuesday, 10th of Feb. @ Mt Olivet ~ 44th and Youngfield. 5 to 8 pm. Service Wednesday @ Crossroads 9901 50th Ave. @ 11:00 am.

NØVK

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  8. N5DGH

N5DGH Ham Member QRZ Page

It is never time

I just added Bill to my list of people to contact, complete with map route and everything, for my 16 March visit to Denver. I was sure looking forward to meeting him. No doubt he will be missed for his helping us recover from our oopses. He touched a lot of lives. 73 OM

9. RV3APM

RV3APM Ham Member QRZ Page

my condolences

I am very sorry hear it ......
    Bill always was ready to help
    , good , honest man.
    He was really expert in radio
    my condolences

Sergey

10. K7FE/SK2017

K7FE/SK2017 QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member

Bonnie Leahy, KB0HTC, Widow of Bill Leahy, K0ZL (SK) asked me to post this message from her:

Rick W0RIC

Dear Ham Community,

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all the hams & friends. The awesome support of condolences, kindness, spiritual & financial. The Ham community is truly a family of brothers & sisters who care. You are all wonderful.

I am sorry I haven’t sent anything sooner.

I finally got the Death Certificate. The cause was consistent with acute heart failure. The final manner of death is undetermined. OSHA is still investigating and I hope to know more in August, 2009 God willing.

73 Bonnie KB0HTC & Family.

Posted for KB0HTC

11. 2E1HKB

2E1HKB Ham Member QRZ Page

All,
    Bill repaired a board from my Kenwood TS-850 last November (2008), which he did a fantastic and professional job. Judging from his prices I feel he repaired ham gear for others to help them rather than for extortionate financial gain (It was cheaper to send the board stateside and have Bill repair it than to have the work carried out here in England!!) He was a true ham, an elmer to many. I would have had no hesitation in recommending his work to anyone else. It's a shame I will never get to do that again. This is a tragic loss to the hobby.

73's

Keiron Brunning
    M0HKB
    Ipswich, England

12. KF7BBS

KF7BBS QRZ Member QRZ Page

A GREAT PERSON THAT WILL BE TRULY MISSED

I first had contact with Bill about 2 years ago. What a guy!!!!!!!!!! He not only rebuilt my 940 but continued a lengthy email correspondence with me about life and all the benefits life had to offer. He gave great recommendations to my sister when she had her gall bladder removed, as he had suffered from mistakes he had made post surgery. He will be truly missed by all. I am really late with this entry, but Bill deserves it!

KF7BBS

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.