Big Iron for sale in Casper, WY

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by WB0RIO, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. WB0RIO

WB0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W7TFO

W7TFO Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice iron.

Big? Eh, but nice just the same.

73DG

3. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

No view of what's inside the box. I wouldn't bet on much more than DX-100 power.

Still, worth checking out if you live nearby. Items like that are probably few and far between in WY. But extremely unlikely worth $1000.

4. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Methinks the "best offer" is not going to be more than a couple of hundred dollars, if that much!

Glen, K9STH

5. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

to make the sale with homebrew there needs to be lots of photos, front panel plus chassis inside. I can't believe how many listings there are on swap.qth.com that don't have any photos at all. how hard is it nowadays to upload a photo. on the other hand, ER has listings and no photos but I somehow think there's less likelihood of fraud there.

AC0OB likes this.
  6. KF7TLL

KF7TLL Ham Member QRZ Page

On QTH one can ONLY upload a singe pic..... Silly if you ask me

7. WZ5Q

WZ5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

You got that right.

About 6 years ago, I saw an add in QTH for a Plate Modulated Rig sporting a 4-1000 modulated by a pair of 3-500z's. This rig was homebrewed by Big Al, K1JCL in Connecticut using some nice Broadcast Iron. Before I even considered making the 3200 mile round trip to purchase it, you can be sure I had every deck pulled out. I had them send me high rez pictures of every square inch of all the chassis, the glass, the magnetics, and the rack cabinet. It helped that there were also some rough schematics of it.

I ultimately made it to Connecticut and the rig now lives in Louisiana. I would have never even thought about making that trip without those detailed pictures.

8. W7TFO

W7TFO Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed. A lot like my latest odyssey to Iowa for that Raytheon.

Tons of groundwork, with lots of help from fellow hams.

73DG

9. WB0RIO

WB0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, change that to "Mid-sized Iron", I suppose to be qualified as big on this sub-forum,
    it would require a fork lift to move.

I too would love to see what's behind all of the gray panels.

KB4QAA likes this.