The issue is that the trike in the top picture was stolen. The good news is that the solar panel arrangement, and the charge controller, was in my garage at the time. On the top picture, the e2m antenna is on an aluminium sheet positioned between the solar panels. On a purely technical basis, it worked fine, except that 2m has, as you noted, become a bit sparsely populated. But then, I had an HF radio with me that I tried setting up after establishing my camps in the evenings. I gave up on that after only a couple of days of trying to make contacts. The mount I had for the CB broke (it turned out to be a harsh environment on the radios), so I also ended up tossing it in the trailer too. The aerial related issue is that I am migrating to the trike in the bottom picture. The issue is that the hull is entirely plastic. My plan is to mount a "No Ground Plane" antenna to a bracket in the rear. A piece of aluminium angle stock can be added to the tie-down in the rear.