ad: vanity

Bicycle Mobile?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KF9BD, May 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KF9BD

KF9BD Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone doing bicycle mobile? I have a setup on my Bianchi Volpe where I can use an dual band HT with a Diamond dual band antenna and a Bioenno LifePO battery. Works very well and is fun to combine the two hobbies. I have the battery and radio in a pack on a rack over the back wheel and run a headphone with remote PTT .

I would enjoy hearding and seeing what others are doing. I'll post a picture of my setup in another post.

Regards,

Danny - KF9BD

KD0QG likes this.
  2. WB9QLR

WB9QLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in college, I ran bicycle mobile almost daily...with the old clunky Wilson HT and an external mic. Great fun, and the rubber ducky antenna was no problem as our campus repeater was on top of the tallest building in town.

Mark, WB9QLR

KD0QG likes this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Not been doing much lately but like to do rails to trails (old RR beds) on my recumbent. Use an HT with a speaker mic otherwise a little difficult to hold the HT and handlebars.

upload_2019-5-12_11-27-51.jpeg

4. WU0F

WU0F Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out the February 1988 issue of 73 magazine for the ultimate in bicycle mobile.

Stephen WU0F

5. WB9YZU

WB9YZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to bike to work on nice days...
    The radio was a Baofeng UV5R into a J-Pole wire tied to a milk crate on the rack.
    Headset was homebrew with a remote switch by the grip shifter.

6. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

I could never get the knack of working CW while peddling ... so I stop and set up the hf rig

Great time for lunch as well

Check the photos on my QRZ page....

KJ4VTH likes this.
  7. 2E0ZDX

2E0ZDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KG5RA

KG5RA Ham Member QRZ Page

I ride my bike 3 1/2 miles one way to a park and set up my HF equipment. After about 1 to 2 hours I load up my bike and head home.

KN4SKF and K3XR like this.
  9. KN4SKF

KN4SKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Could you please tell about you set up. Bands and phone or digital?

Maybe others might be interested

10. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested in full particulars.

I have been considering adding an electric bicycle front wheel or crankshaft electric to my bicycle to "tap" for bicycle mobile.

KN4IUV likes this.