ad: HamInsurance-1

BF-F8HP not receiving after chirp programming

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN6KKW, Sep 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KN6KKW

KN6KKW Ham Member QRZ Page

It will receive for a moment but I can only hear when I hold monitor or am in the menu. Otherwise it is silent, but transmitting still works...

hn5rv01 is the version firmware I am running.

Thank you!

2. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you program it to listen for a DCS or CTCSS tone? Check menu items R-DCS and R-CTCSS. Turn them off if you want to hear stations that aren't transmitting the right code.

3. K2IGO

K2IGO Ham Member QRZ Page

While checking what AG6QR said, did you turn the squelch up to 9?

I have 2 of the same radios, using the same firmware, no issues. You did save the settings as a file on your computer, right? You can clone from radio to chirp, then open the saved profile in a new tab, then compare them.

If you didnt save the settings, download from radio, then "save as" something. This also lets you make changed without the radio hooked up. Make the changes, hook up radio, then upload to radio.

4. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Those are funny creatures. I have one that has a little nit in it that once you program it with Chirp, the receiver won't make any sound if the keyboard beep is turned off.

Good resource for recovery from Baofeng weirdness here.

5. KN6KKW

I have all the receive tones turned off and squelch is 2. I will be listening to an active repeater then it gets quiet...i press menu or moni and then I can hear people talking.

6. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you clone the codeplug in your radio using another radio's codeplug?

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is DCS and Scan Resume OFF ?

upload_2020-9-21_6-48-55.png

upload_2020-9-21_6-50-12.png

8. KN6KKW

DCS is off but SC-REV is set to TO There is no option for off.

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

SE[2] would be OFF

10. KN6KKW

I'll try and change it. What is SE and TO? I'm not familiar with the SC-REV setting. Thanks for the help!