ad: Schulman-1

BEWARE ! Today Sun Storm To The Earth ...radio & satellites problem !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Jul 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

TODAY SUN STORM OF PARTICLES TO THE EARTH!

As expected in recent days, the gigantic stain appeared on the Sun with the approach of its minimum activity phase in the 11-year cycle, it became unresponsive and produced an explosion that fluttered a direct swirling of particles to the Earth.

It could hit our planet on July 15, generating a medium intensity magnetic storm that could cause problems with radio and satellite communications.

It explains to Ansa Mauro Messerotti, the Trieste Observatory of the National Institute of Astrophysics (Inaf), the spaceweather adviser for the scientific directorate of Itaf and the University of Trieste.

The stain, which is called AR2665 and as large as Jupiter, has generated an explosion, that is, a blast. Observed by Nasa's Solar Dynamics Observatory (Sdo), the explosion, says Messerotti, "emitted X-rays and protons, that is, electrically charged particles, and a plasma bubble".

Protons, he adds, have already hit the layers
    Superior to the Earth's atmosphere and have caused radio communications disturbances on the Pacific Ocean and above all around the Arctic Circle. The cloud, on the other hand, could hit the Earth's magnetic field on Saturday, causing a geomagnetic storm with problems with satellites, electrical systems, and radio communications at poles and nearby latitudes.

http://www.nationalgeographic.it/sc...le_scagliate_dal_sole_verso_la_terra-3603739/

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

oggi.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The sky is falling....

Use clorox to get out that stain.

KB2SMS, AD5KO, K5WRN and 3 others like this.
  3. KW1NG

KW1NG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh NO Mr. Bill!!

4. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds exciting! No need to worry about the sun it should be around for another 4 billion years! I can't wait for the 2021 summer season as anticipating propagation should be amazing! 73's

KG4JXH likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Too late. Its already -16- July...

KG4JXH likes this.
  6. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ha-Skyris0018-13-10-23-12-34-17c.jpg The "stain"?? LOL Here's an even larger "stain" I imaged a few years back with a Hydrogen Alpha filtered telescope...:) Ha-Skyris0018-13-10-23-12-34-17c.jpg

KB2SMS, KM4JGC and WX4O like this.
  7. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like my pattern bald spot.

8. VE3JGO

VE3JGO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yet another Chicken Little report coming to you from Foxy Loxy. Don't get me wrong I know they try hard to warn us but please be a little more accurate.

KG4JXH likes this.
  9. KG4JXH

KG4JXH Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh gee, i hope it doesn't melt that big ice wall the flat earth people keep saying is all around the edge of this disc we live on!... Hahaha!
    73 and do not worry,
    kg4jxh

10. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

YAWN let me know when it is an X flare...

11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Band opening please, solar gods!!!

K3SX likes this.
  12. W6NYA

W6NYA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The energy from that flare is hitting us now--no good for propagation today :(

Jim

13. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

I make it a point on days like this to throw up a dipole in the back yard and see how many Winlink gateways I can hit. Propagation is definitely impacted, but I can still push email through old reliable AJ4GU on 40 meters, some 304 miles distant, with my FT 817 set to 5 watts and an inverted v at about 20ish feet to the feed point.

14. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Some minor aurora on 2 meters, tropo tonight produced better distances...