Beware ordering from Lido Mounts

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AE1I, Nov 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE1I

AE1I Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I ordered a mount for my ICOM ID-5100 directly from Lido. I wanted the 22" version they describe on their webpage, but could only find the 18" version. They also claimed that a 10% discount would be given for entering "73" when checking out. I decided to push forward with my order, thinking that the check out page would have a place to enter the discount code and leave a comment instructing Lido that I wanted the 22" version of the mount. I was incorrect in both cases. I emailed them immediately and then again the next day. After not receiving a reply, I called and left voicemail's 3 days in a row. After 3 days without a reply's I received an email from Jim Newcomb via Stamps.com saying they sent me a package. When I drill down on the tracking number provided it says "Pre-shipment info sent to USPS, USPS awaiting item" The order was placed on the 14th of November and I received the email on the 17th of November. As of November 25th the tracking number still says the USPS is awaiting the item and Lido has not contacted me. Of course Lido charged my credit card as soon as they created the pre-shipment order. Pitty since this seemed like the perfect solution to mount my radio. Lido does not have poor customer service...they don't have any customer service at all.

N0KHL likes this.