Beware of this person is a scam to get your username and password.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NF1J, Dec 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4POO

W4POO Ham Member QRZ Page

ME AS WELL... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

KC0BIN likes this.
  2. W1GRM

W1GRM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a scam! That is my 570D on my table in my Florida house and I did sell it to a very nice gentleman who is very happy. I just found this. I have friends, pictures, and emails. To prove this to be true. So I'm not sure what is going on?????

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If anyone does get a fake login link, Could you please send me a PM here on QRZ, And include the link that you get sent to.

I would be very interested to find out who is doing it, Again, Still.

QRZ has made attempts to keep this from happening, Attention needs to be paid anytime you encounter a login page.

KC0BIN and N6QIC like this.
  4. KD7DFV

KD7DFV Ham Member QRZ Page

HOLD ON A MINUTE...What MORON would follow a thread to another website (that you are a registered user of) and put in a user name & password??
    Never mind the fact that you should always originate the looking up of items yourself. If he could send you the QRZ page, he can send the listing page captured and pictures.
    The URL is always very important to match and the easiest thing to catch!!

KC0BIN, N6QIC and AJ4GQ like this.
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That does not even look like the QRZ login page. It is a fake.

This is the real QRZ login page below. :)
    help1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not even close to the real page. Always check the URL address, Never click on a link that was sent to you.

This is the real QRZ login page below. :)

help2.jpg

7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would always be suspicious of those kinds of links in email because I keep my laptop logged in to QRZ all the time and likely wouldn't have to log in. Of course, I'm always suspicious of links in email unless it's from someone I know and they explain the link and why they're sending it.

KC0BIN and N6QIC like this.
  8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's called phishing.

N6QIC and KC0BIN like this.
  9. KC0BIN

KC0BIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I've gone a few rounds with this joker. He annoyed me greatly because he jumped on a Wanted ad for a rig I needed badly.

One ill turn deserves another, so I decided to rearrange his brain wave patterns by insisting the radio have the Turbo Encabulator installed, or I wasn't going to buy, and I sent him this link to be certain he understood the importance of this component:

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That looks like a fake or out of date page.

Copyright 2015 seems a bit out of date.

Maybe my computers date is off. :oops: