Beware of these two scammers

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WY0Q, Jun 20, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1EGJ

W1EGJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been in constant contact with a scammer posing as WB4NAD.He has been trying to sell me a THP HC-2000 parts only. I currently have this posted on qth.WTB HC-2000 for parts.
    This sounds like the same guy your talking about.Wants me to send usps money order to Maryjo Mellor on Windy Gorge st. in Las vegas.Glad I did a little checking around first! Hope they catch this thief.
    Just thought I'd throw it out there on internet so someone else may see my post.
    Thanks ,
    W1EGJ
    Larry Wright

2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

These scammers will be stopped soon with a new service available to hams.

3. KG5IGK

KG5IGK Ham Member QRZ Page

The address "7503 Forest Dawn way,Houston,Texas" is about four miles from me.

The County appraisal district shows ISAAC E DEAN as the owner. The owner address matches the mailing address, indicating that the property is owner occupied and not a rental home.

Here is a link. http://www.hcad.org/records/details...C2e%7CU%8A%81%86%C0%AB%A8%AD%86%5E&bld=1&tab=

I searched the name ISAAC E DEAN in the FCC web site for Amateur Radio License holders and he did not show up.

Let me know if I can assist in any way.
    Paul
    KG5IGK

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Do a google on ole Mary Jo and you will see a lot of past scams. That name has made it's rounds...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

5. KJ6OJL

KJ6OJL Ham Member QRZ Page

What new service please explain. Is there a beta? Kind of a teasing statement and leaving us wondering

6. N5DIZ

N5DIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a similar deal on Facebook, but the guy wanted my bank info so he could forward me $17,000, I was to keep $3,000 for helping him and forward the rest to his son for living expenses.....keep in mind the son was 9 and living in the house alone, since his mother had passed.... I forwarded all of it to the FBI. He said he was on a special mission in Syria.....

7. W6SA

W6SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just did a check and 5700 Windy Gorge St. in Las Vegas was listed for sale and probably empty at the time the scam was using that address. It sold 9/17/15 so he will need another dead drop to use in Las Vegas.

8. W8NGA

W8NGA Ham Member QRZ Page

For WB0GKL:

Roscoe Hawks , 95, of Cortez, died 9/6/2015 at his residence . Born 6/24/1920.

Arrangements are being made through Ertel Funeral Home. To send condolences or to view the full obituary, log on to www.ertelfuneralhome.com and click on the obituary section.

9. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Good ole Larry is at it again. He just emailed me out of the blue saying he has a 6300 w/atu if I still want one. Except...I already have one and I never once placed a WTB.

K2HAT likes this.