ad: qroparts

Beware of these two scammers

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WY0Q, Jun 20, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WY0Q

WY0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I advertised WTB a tuner. I got two replies. The replies were in bad English, neither reply wanted to take pay pal, both wanted me to send USPS money order. I played along and asked for the mailing address on the first one. Totally different name and location from the QRZ address. This is what I got " Your address have been noted down for shipping in here.
    You can proceed payment through usps money order to the name and address below
    Name: Jodie Isaac
    Address: 7503 Forest Dawn way,Houston,Texas.

After payment get back to me a scan copy of the money order slip as I
    will proceed shipping in here 73's" This I have seen before on this forum.

When I asked for a phone number to contact him, I got this "I am in duty now please give me your cell number so I give you a call"

The call he is attempting to perpetrate is WB4NAD. I have attempted to find the real owner of this call so I can let him know his call is being used in a scam. If this is not a scam, my humble apologies. If you Know Larry T. Williams. please let him know.

The other attempt is using call WB0GKL, registered to Roscoe Hawks. Based on his QRZ info, Roscoe was born in 1920. Again, cannot find contact info other than snail mail. "1920" I doubt he is selling a tuner. And again, my humble apologies if I am wrong.

So beware, guys; I always go paypal. If they sound like these examples above, I don't buy, just the way I am.

2. W4BOF

W4BOF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I just wanted to let you know that two days ago had this same wb4nad email me about a radio I was wanting, back in April a Yaesu 100D this was out of the blue and I'm thinking I don't know this guy, so I ask do I know you he explained he seen my add about the Yaesu 100D. And he was using an email larrytwb4nad@gmail.com
    I told him I would not buy a radio from him since he is talking about an add I posted months ago. and I thought he was one of those guys out there trying to rip people off. And told him I was going to turn this into the FEDS and let them check it out. I haven't heard from him since. so maybe a high jack I don't know. but looking like someone has so just wanted to add this seeing he has hit you as well.

3. WY0Q

WY0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I told him he was a fraud, a scam, and that I alerted the authorities, and I hope he goes to jail. Be vigil, they're out there......

4. NL7IB

NL7IB Ham Member QRZ Page

You need to contact the Feds internet crime division.

5. VA7UO

VA7UO Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is another one.
    He is using the lifted call of the real person.

Hijacked call, AA1RI

David Moore, mooredavid032@gmail.com

No paypal as he stated it was for business only:confused:
    Also using this information to send funds.
    Tried to sell me a FT-817 that was sold on here last year.

Melissa Anne Moore
    Bank: GECU Credit Union
    Account #: 302045
    Rounting #: 312081089

Told him the authorities have been contacted as well...

Glenn, VE6ND

6. WB4NAD

WB4NAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your warning to others about the usage of my call WB4NAD...I've reported all action of this character in Texas to the proper authorities and I assure you....THIS GUY WILL BE CAUGHT! I'm not selling ANYTHING..ANYWHERE! I do, however, buy ham gear. Look at my profile and I'll try an keep it updated. Let's keep the scammers OFF our backs and OUT of our beloved hobby! Thanks again, Larry Williams/WB4NAD

7. WD8NPL

WD8NPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got an email a few minutes ago with the same email address larrytwb4nad@gmail.com in response to a WTB ad I'd posted on QTH.COM for a G2800 Rotor. I think we shall have some fun with the scoundrel...

Steve, WD8NPL

8. WD8NPL

WD8NPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Last email I got from this guy using the WB4NAD call was to send money order to MaryJo Mellor, Las Vegas. I seem to recall her name coming up with someone using K5AH call also.

9. K4XS

K4XS Ham Member QRZ Page

This dirtbag also tried to scam me. I was looking for an A3WS antenna. He said he had one from a non-smoking home. Uh, an antenna from a non-smoking home? Beware of this lowlife.

10. KD2EGR

KD2EGR Ham Member QRZ Page

He contacted me too via email from address larry t williams [larrytwb4nad@gmail.com]. He wants to sell me a IC 7000. Then he called me at 0142 this AM!! I am disconnecting from this guy fast.