ad: Prosistel-1

Beware of someone selling as KG4BXI

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC3HJP, May 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3HJP

KC3HJP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone was selling a Little Tarheel II Antenna. I wasn't fast enough so it went to someone else. A guy emailed me direct and said he had the same antenna but instead of it being $275 he would sell me his for $250.

> On May 21, 2018, at 11:55 AM, Robert K Parsons <kg4bxi@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > I have this antenna for sale in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual , cable , shipping box . Asking $250 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.
    >
    > 73

I asked to see pictures. He sent me a single picture.
    IMG_6298.jpg
    The antenna works perfectly with no issue or scratches from a non smoking home. Here is an attached photo.

That picture was from this auction but the call sign was removed.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/little-tarheel-ii-screwdriver-antenna.574850/

He gave me PayPal address ham4parsons@outlook.com

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KG4BXI is a real call, but that is not his e-mail address. Good catch and thanks for the warning.

3. AC1CX

AC1CX Ham Member QRZ Page

He got $20 from me, via PayPal for a Microphone, sounddd too good to be true but I took a chance!

4. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

An antenna "from a non-smoking home" should have been a clue. ;)
    And it does have scratches, you can see them in the pic.

KJ4POM and KT5OT like this.
  5. KN4IAS

KN4IAS Ham Member QRZ Page

He tried to get me too...

Subject: Alinco dr 735t

Robert K Parsons <kg4bxi@gmail.com>

I have this unit for sale in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual , shipping box , mic and power cable . Asking $245 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KN4IAS Shane <kn4ias@arrl.net>
    9:55 AM (11 hours ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to Robert
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your consideration, however, how old is the radio, do you have a few pics of the unit? And a pic of your QSL card in it maybe or message me in QRZ so I can verify you are who you say you are please.

[​IMG]

6. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

He tried to scam me this morning on an Icom IC-375. Price too good to be true. I got the phone number for the real KG4BXI, Robert, and called him. He was unaware of the scams going on using his callsign.
    I would not have been aware if the previous attempts had not been posted here on QRZ. And the price was so low as I had to check it out.
    Thanks guys!

Here is his email:
    "Robert K Parsons" <kg4bxi@gmail.com>

To:
    "radio@matnet.com" <radio@matnet.com>
    Cc:

Sent:
    Mon, 21 May 2018 22:57:36 +0100
    Subject:
    Icom ic 375a

I have for sale an icom ic 375a in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual, mic , shipping box and power cable . Asking $635 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

7. AF4TD

AF4TD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He tried to get me for $900 today for a 3 month old Elecraft KX3 but, thanks to all of you who posted warnings, I still have my money!

8. KN4IAS

KN4IAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed (only because I was bored at work... Lol) that most scammer choose calls that in their call page do not have their email listed. I have my ARRL redirect there but that way if there is any question you know the real me...

9. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been stringing the guy along now for several hours. He has not given me any phone or address. Just Atlanta for the real ham.
    So I told him I had a friend that just moved there and would come over and pick it up and pay cash. That way he did not have to pack or ship it. I would still pay the shipped price. He would make more.
    He has now disappeared. No response.
    I did get his Paypal address. I will report to Paypal.
    His Paypal address now reported to Paypal.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    N9AAK, KP4SX and KN4IAS like this.
  10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you tell him to put an email address in his callsign data and a Disclaimer in his QRZ bio warning others of what's going on?

WB4IVF and KN4IAS like this.